Straight Of The Day

Steve56

Veteran
Is your soap in a Nuavia bowl, Steve?

One of the very nicest bowls IMHO....
Yes, it’s a Nuavia Blue coffret. I liked the Nuavia Blue, but it was just too strongly scented for me, even though the scent was very nice indeed. I just like lighter scents, so I gave the soap to Alfredo (Doc226) who loves the stuff, and kept the coffret since he already has one. I wish that I had the green and red coffret too!

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
11-17-2020

Hot Towel Prep
Simpsons Ultra Glide Shave Cream
Morris&Forndran Lee6 in Faux Burl .. Finest Badger
W.H. Morley & Sons Clover Brand 5/8 w/ Shotgun Scales
Scrupleworks Veggie Tanned Horse .. 40/60
Bloc Osma
Thayer's Witch Hazel .. Rose Petal
Pinauds Clubman Splash

This old Morley has been here for ages. It's nothing fancy, but has always delivered a nice shave, and it's nice to get back to a coticule shave, if even for a short break... A competent cast of players...

Billyfergie

Forum GOD!
[IMG]

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine.. :cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
NOS Mark 32 C.V Heljestrand Full Hollow 6/8th (Freshly Honed)
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Le Pere Lucien Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Shave with My Recently Required NOS Mark 32 C.V Heljestrand 6/8th..I Got this Razor for a Surprisingly Good Price as they are Fetching a Bit these Days..I Finished it on an Escher Thuringian..A Top Tier Shaver that Maneuvered Around Like a Porsche.My Face is as Polished as a Pair of Guardsman Drill Boots..Really Pleased with it & its a Keeper for Sure..:happy:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:boxing:

Billy

MichaelS

Forum GOD!
Razor: Snail Forge 9/8, 1/4 hollow
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3
Soap: Simpsons unscented cream
Balm: Meißner Salty Sea Sage

Even though we're practically neighbours in tiny Belgium, I'd never tried a Bruno razor before. Technically I'm impressed: dead straight grind and a small, even bevel - confirmed by outstanding shaves. It's a San Mai blade with my preferred 1/4 hollow grind (Hitachi white paper 1 core, damscus jacket is just decoration). I plan to make my own scales, these Angel Wings Awabi ones by Koraat are temporary - although I like them so much I may well leave them on permanently!

JamieM

Forum GOD!
Be good to get comparisons as I've already got more SOC boars than necessary.
Jamie, the resolution of your photo is so good I feel like I'm in the room with you!
Thanks, Michael, taken outdoors on a cloudy overcast day, my favourite lighting conditions, taken on a stainless steel sheet I keep in the back yard, just sprayed with a hosepipe, pretty simple photographic setup.

Steve56

Veteran
I have to chuckle at @JamieM post, my set up is also very simple. It’s an old shipping box with the sides and top cut out and covered with tissue paper from other deliveries. I have $0 in it, and the background papers are watercolor art paper, about $1.50 each. I use natural light.

You’ll recognize the image above, though the razor is still in the box in this image.

50818533-D7EC-41B3-A5A6-D218232AEB99.jpeg

JamieM

Forum GOD!
I have to chuckle at @JamieM post, my set up is also very simple. It’s an old shipping box with the sides and top cut out and covered with tissue paper from other deliveries. I have $0 in it, and the background papers are watercolor art paper, about $1.50 each. I use natural light.

You’ll recognize the image above, though the razor is still in the box in this image.

View attachment 80581
Steve, a nice bit of innovation and more importantly it works, diffused light always makes for a crisper sharper shot.:highfive:

MichaelS

Forum GOD!
There was me thinking you all had pro studios at home!

I just plonk everything near a window and rotate the blade so it catches the 'right' amount of light depending on sun/light conditions. I sometimes get help from a desk lamp with a sheet of paper taped over the bulb but the iPhone's 'extra light' feature usually takes care of things (I know, I need to get a decent camera, I dream of Leica but that ain't going to happen any time soon $$$). No shortage of cloudy days in Belgium though :)....