Straight Of The Day

UKRob

Forum GOD!
CVH MK 32 in tortoise Kirinite

View attachment 77293
Lovely looking razor Steve and that’s probably as close to replicating tortoiseshell as you can get - but it’s just not the same. None of the Ivory substitutes I’ve worked with come anywhere near to the original either. As for the bits of pearl enclosed in acrylic- they are the worst of the lot for me.

JamieM

Forum GOD!
Lovely looking razor Steve and that’s probably as close to replicating tortoiseshell as you can get - but it’s just not the same. None of the Ivory substitutes I’ve worked with come anywhere near to the original either. As for the bits of pearl enclosed in acrylic- they are the worst of the lot for me.

Rob, the Kirinite Tortoise is a beautiful material, and it takes a really high gloss polish finish, here's a set I made for an MK31 last year.

Billyfergie

Forum GOD!
[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Hugo Herbertz BOCKLA Solingen Full Hollow 5/8th
Fitchard Pure Badger
Monsavon Bol Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Shave Today with My Hugo Herbertz BOCKLA Solingen Full Hollow 5/8th..A Heavy Built Razor this One & Made for the French Market..A Lovely Wee Solingen Shaver..:p:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:boxing:

Billy

Steve56

Veteran
That’s very true Rob, nothing beats the real thing. As Jamie noted, it is a very pretty material even though it is obviously not genuine tortoise.

Today a 8/8 singing Filly Doble Temple was up, soap was C&S 88 lathered with a Life2short1971 two-band Duke 3 copy, and a splash of Harris Pink finished up a really delightful shave.

5C2F1E95-D950-473C-BBA4-18486CD01859.jpeg

Steve56

Veteran
First outing with the Rodgers Refined Steel, a very nice blade that shaved like a butterknife. The only problem was the oak scales, although well made the maker doesn’t understand razor scales, they’re closed at the bottom except for the last 1” or so. Which means that you cannot tighten the pivot even though it’s a threaded fixture, that short amount of fairly thick oak just won’t give. We all know that a blade this heavy is not a pleasant thing if the pivot is a bit loose. So new scales are in order.

Soap was Vintage Yardley lathered with a Simpsons 56, and a splash of SMN lavender AS finished up a wonderful shave.

87E8F056-66F7-498F-9BEF-EA024FD07F16.jpeg

Billyfergie

Forum GOD!
[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Schlemper Solingen Full Hollow 6/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Vitos Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Shave Tonight With My Schlemper Solingen 6/8th..A Lovely Uber Close Shave from this Generous Sized 6/8th Blade..:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth and Refreshed..:boxing:

Billy

Last edited: