[IMG]

Three Pass Shaving Routine..
:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Taylor Witness Sheffield Full Hollow 15/16th
Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Great Shave with My Taylor Sheffield 15/16th...I Had a Very Close Smooth & Comfortable Shave with this Big Shiny Blade & it Knocked Down Months of a Beard as I Have Not Shaved for a Long While.. :cool:

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:hyper:

Billy

Good to see you posting Billy :thumbsup:

Steve56

Über Member
6/8 Shell Silver Steel frameback. This was a test of a stone that arrived yesterday, and it’s just superb. Incredibly fast, pure, 40mm thick and on a fitted stand. The razor edge from it is like shaving with your finger.

In other news, I am up to shave 145 on the Filly 14 Sub Cero, and the edge is stable. The Latvian linen is working well on the Sub Cero.

35556C91-AE4F-4E68-B74D-F21304793245.jpeg
A470B120-3978-40C7-B162-5678D67A1FDB.jpeg

Steve56

Über Member
Shave #146 with the Sub Cero this morning, but that isn’t the interesting news. Floris has reformulated their hard soaps, and they actually lather easily and well now. No blooming needed. The scents were always great, but the previous formula just was not satisfactory. Double Thumbs Up to Floris and company! Scents are medium strength, post shave is good (shea butter), and both Elite and 89 are available.

I’ve posted this in the soaps forum too since maybe a lot of them don’t hang out in the SR forum, though they should!

61B2B41A-B208-4C44-9E75-5CC72AECEE94.jpeg
E9EA1E7F-7879-46E4-B0D0-97F4BE1B3671.jpeg

Billyfergie

Forum GOD!
[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
[IMG]

F.W. Engels Leader Solingen Full Hollow 13/16th
Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had a Shave Today with My F.W Engels Solingen 13/16th..Very Thinly Ground this Full Hollow Razor...Cracking Wee Solingen Shaver.. :cool:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:hyper:

Billy

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
7-31-2020

Tepid Water Splash
MoDoSo #14 blank finished by Herr Wacker
Scrupleworks Vegetable Tanned Horsehide .. 30/50
P&B Albion Shave Soap .. thanks Halvor
Simpsons Tulip 3 in 2 Band Super
Thayer's Witch Hazel .. Rose
Old Spice
AfterShave Splash

An interesting story goes with this shave, described elsewhere...

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
This RigaRazor arrived yesterday. I've been trying for two days to get a photo to do this work of art justice... this was the closest I could come.
I was a bit surprised at the high degree of craftsmanship on this blade. I've seen Jamie's Riga's for years, but when another friend said how great they were, I got the itch. The bevels are small, and completely even along the length, and from side to side.. very impressive!
I'm fairly traditional, so when this blade showed up on Riga's website, I jumped immediately..
Will shave the Riga this afternoon...
More to come...

JamieM

Forum GOD!
I was just telling Gary,, I thought the jump from 8K to G20 might be too great, but it worked out just fine!

Do you think the Gokumyo 15K might be a bit milder that 20k?
This RigaRazor arrived yesterday. I've been trying for two days to get a photo to do this work of art justice... this was the closest I could come.
I was a bit surprised at the high degree of craftsmanship on this blade. I've seen Jamie's Riga's for years, but when another friend said how great they were, I got the itch. The bevels are small, and completely even along the length, and from side to side.. very impressive!
I'm fairly traditional, so when this blade showed up on Riga's website, I jumped immediately..
Will shave the Riga this afternoon...
More to come...

For me, these are the best custom razors you can buy, great steel great quality fit and finish, most importantly phenomenal shavers.

Last edited:

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
8-2-2020

RigaRazor 7/8 scaled in Buffalo Horn
Scrupleworks Veggie Tanned Horse .. 40 laps on leather
D.R. Harris Arlington Shave Soap
Shavemac 22mm 2-Band
Bloc Osma
Thayer's Witch Hazel .. Rose
Ice Blue
Aqua Velva Aftershave Splash

Maiden voyage for the Riga. I knew it was killer sharp. I deleted one pass and still had pretty good sting from the alum. One of the closest shaves ever, though... I just need to dial it in for my face. The razor itself shaves effortlessly, and I'm very happy with it!
Arlington is a very nice soap, and the little Shavemac does a great job with it.
AV is a cool, summer favorite!

Billyfergie

Forum GOD!
[IMG]

[IMG]
Two Pass Shaving Routine.. :cool:

Dubi Duck Solingen Full Hollow 6/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

Had a Wonderful Shave Today with My Dubi Duck Solingen 6/8th..A Very Thinly Ground Razor.. Its a Very Beautiful Shaver..Sharp & Uber Smooth.:p:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:hyper:

Billy.