[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
[IMG]

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Henckels Twin 401 Solingen Stainless Steel Full Hollow 5/8th
Fitchard Pure Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Shave with My Henckels Twin 401 Solingen 5/8th..Belter of a Shave..Canny Whack a Stainless Henckels in My Books..The Bugger Gave Me a Wee Nick.. :p:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:okay:

Billy

DudeAbides

Forum GOD!
MK33

My first go with a high grit synth finisher this morning and it turned out very nice. Sharp and smooth not surgical which had turned me off, in my mind at least, to finishing with a synth.

Once the talk about the 20k guacamole, however you pronounce it, started to surface I had to have someone hone me an edge. It was good though not for the high price in my opinion. I’d just assume spending the $200US on another Jnat.

I recently tried an edge off of a Naniwa Gouken Kagayaki 12000 and once again got that voice in the back of my head talking to me. I looked it up, cost around $75US out of Japan though Amazon has it at $40US free shipping. I inquired to make sure this was the stone in question and two days later it was at my doorstep.

It didn’t come flat by any means though that was easily remedied with a 600/1200 Atoma plate and a straight ruler/flashlight. The stone is a bit gummy soft and appears to load up yet cuts fairly quick by the looks of the swarf buildup.

On solid advice, in my opinion, from Takeshi San at Aframes Tokyo, he uses 15k polishing film to take care of the burr at the end of honing session with a finisher. He cuts a small strip wets it down and holds it in his palm with his thumb. A couple of very light circular laps and a couple of X-strokes and calls it good.

Anyways sorry for the honing rant. I’m in a mood. Take it for what it’s worth.

1B102FBC-9048-40D5-8247-2607A214FBBE.jpeg

Last edited:

Billyfergie

Forum GOD!
[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine...
[IMG]

Hot Water prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Puma 91 Solingen Full Hollow 6/8th
Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Belter of a Shave Today with My Puma Solingen 6/8th.Sporting a Very Keen Escher 17 K Thuri Edge..One of My 1st SRs & One of My Favorite Shavers..Wunderbar... :p:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Billyfergie

Forum GOD!
[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
[IMG]

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Gail Solingen Extra Full Hollow
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Goats Milk Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Cracking Mornings Shave Today with My Gail Solingen 6/8th..This a Rare True Extra Full Hollow & One of those Extra Special Shavers that Just Takes that Extraordinary Edge..She Sports a 20 K Surgical Black Arkansas Natural Edge.. :D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:hyper:

Billy