Stirling Collapsible Silicone Shaving Bowl

When I was young, good looking and had more style than brains I used to smoke cigars, and enjoyed them a great deal but there was always something in my head that said you had to smoke with a degree of flair, you should never light a cigar with a lighter, always a match, also you should never wear trainers with a suit or drive your Bentley wearing a tracksuit or a hoodie.

Isnt a plastic shaving bowl just a step too far?
Defo!

Vacumatic

Veteran
Considering it's rather likely it's just the shaver in the bathroom at shave time, there's little reason to put form above function.
I dont agree but I am not going to enter into a discussion about why I want nice things to use when shaving and that has nothing to do with who else may be in the bathroom whilst I am shaving.

If using a plastic bowl for your soap lather works for you then great.

Last edited:

R181

Grumpy old man
I dont agree but I am not going to enter into a discussion about why I want nice things to use when shaving and that has nothing to do with who else may be in the bathroom whilst I am shaving.

If using a plastic bowl for your soap lather works for you then great.
I doubt that these collapsible silicone shaving bowls were meant to be for every day use at home. I think that they are meant to be a travel item when it may be impractical to bring your usual "nice" to look at shave bowl along yet insist on bowl lathering. That being the case it makes that sort of discussion more or less irrelevant.

Bob

Vacumatic

Veteran
I doubt that these collapsible silicone shaving bowls were meant to be for every day use at home. I think that they are meant to be a travel item when it may be impractical to bring your usual "nice" to look at shave bowl along yet insist on bowl lathering. That being the case it makes that sort of discussion more or less irrelevant.

Bob

As you said yourself its just a collapsible dog dish and some drops of silicone on the bottom.

As always, personal choice on how people spend their own money

Vacumatic

Veteran
Silicone young man, silicone!
Thank you for the Young description, friend for life.

I had to look up just what Silicone was, aparantly 'silicone is something of a hybrid between a synthetic rubber and a synthetic plastic polymer'.

Each to their own when it comes to shaving products, I just happen to prefer wood and earthenware, If I am travelling I am happy to take stuff that doesnt need a bowl such as a shaving stick