Spare a thought for Rod Neep

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
Although I don't have any of Rod's brushes I know he's highly respected. Grim news, please pass on my regards and best wishes for a full receovery.

Francorelli

Forum fella
I was aware that Rod had been battling some health issues in recent years, but this latest news is sad to hear.

Rod made me a custom box wood brush back in 2011 and was an absolute gent to deal with. I still have that brush.

Sending best wishes for a full recovery.

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
Very nasty, on the positive side.

Schistosomiasis can usually be treated successfully with a short course of a medication called praziquantel, that kills the worms. Praziquantel is most effective once the worms have grown a bit, so treatment may be delayed until a few weeks after you were infected, or repeated again a few weeks after your first dose.

D

Deleted member 1881

Latest up date. Rod has been to the hospital but they are concerned over how much blood he is peeing and may have to be admitted. He has been reading the thread and said it was nice to know people care.
Will everything be ok for him?

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I suppose long term from what he has said the problem could be kidney damage. Must be horrible peeing out blood and worms, I’d imagine very uncomfortable.

Think I would freak out !
Per my post #5, speaking from personal experience, I can tell you it is very unpleasant. Regarding the kidneys, I had a retrograde pyelogram under general anaesthetic to examine my kidneys; fortunately they weren’t damaged. I remember feeling very energized physically and mentally once the bilharzia was cured, and there’ve been no ongoing issues in the 60 years since. The only thing I can’t do is donate blood, but that’s probably more to do with my having had malaria; mind you, as soon as I mentioned I’d had two tropical parasitic diseases they showed me the door.