SOTD : Saturday 2nd April -Friday 8th April 2022.

Ram57

Forum GOD!

Friday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Gillette (Rhodium) Toggle
Blade: Feather (D5)
Brush: Sawdust CreatioStudio Banded/OUMO LOD 26mm
Scuttle: TheMudPlace Big Daddy Oiled Mahogany
Pre-Shave Scrub: Holy Black True Grit - Coffee
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Spa
Shave Cream: Antica Barbieria Colla
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Floid Blue

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
8 April 2022

Preshave:
Hot water rinse
Brush: New Forest 2402 High Mountain Badger
Razor: English Gillette Superspeed Flare Tip
Blade: Sainsbury's [Dorco] (12)
Soap/Cream: Hawkins & Brimble Elemi & Ginseng
Aftershave Balm: Bulldog Sensitive
Aftershave: M&S Aqua Nuit EdT

A miserly amount of H&B cream whipped up a generous dollop of lather which took the combo a sublime BBS+, 9.5/10.

Have a happy, safe Friday.

Regards,
Chris

johnwillyums

SOTD.
Greetings folks, I hope you're all in touch with your inner feelings.
Ok, my first shave with the Fine Marvel razor. I used a Voskhod blade, my Stirling Finest badger brush, and some Gummy Caribbean cologne to finish.
This was not what I expected. Looking at it the blade gap and exposure are a bit alarming. However I found there was very little blade feel and the massive safety bars helped the head glide across my face really easily. Very little audio feedback at all. I quite like to know where the blade is, so this was a bit unsettling for me. As such it was a surprise how efficiently one pass mowed through four days growth.
I did a second, across the grain pass and I felt smooth. A quick pickup pass and I was done. A bbs shave!
I think I'll reserve judgement on this razor. On the face of it, it provided a very smooth, very efficient shave. It was very comfortable to hold and use, I'm not sure I like the lack of blade feel and audio feedback. I can't help feeling that I got away with it this time. I did get a couple of nicks, which is unusual for me lately. We'll see.
I finished off with this Turkish Caribbean Cologne. Very nice.
See you next time. John
DSCF8245 (2).JPG

Tonyschin

Pogonotomist
08/04/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin
Soap - Faena Dorica
Razor - Blackland Sabre L1
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Musk
Wk 14  (7a).JPG

Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Quique

Forum GOD!
SOC & Boti HWM 24x50
Joserra Yourshaving 8
Rockwell 6S
Solimo#2
Korres Caléndula & Ginseng
Loción Joserra Kilix

Without a doubt the soap that I like the most in the closet, it is not that it protects, it is that it directly leaves my face better than it was

I also like the Boti knot a lot, it is very fine hair that at this loft and with its density gives you the sensation of passing a boxing glove over your face

Have a great day

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
DF0E8E56-2791-4905-ADDD-29CC583AE2BD.jpeg

SOTD: 08/04/2022

Razor: Mars Razor
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Freedom Italian Flag 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

As predicted the plate 7 was the sweet spot for my neck. Absolutely BBS and it really is a super easy shave. The same way the Twig makes a step change in easiness for shaving, so does the Mars but more so. Those are the massive positives, the negative for me today is 7 is a little too aggressive for my face and lip areas. So tomorrow I’ll dial it back to 6 and see if I can get the perfect shave with a bit of skin stretching on my neck.
I’m absolutely nit picking here, the razor is giving me great shaves 3 days in, as was the brush and soap of the day
Enjoy your day guys!