Boru62

Shaving Boar
Pre: Warm water splash
Brush: Anbbas Boar
Soap: Dapper Dragon Kringle
Razor: Karve CB, D Plate (on loan)
Blade: Gillette Nacet
IMG_20180927_114311.jpg

The KCB really is a very good DE in my opinion and I'm so impressed I've ordered one.
Happy Shaving one and all.

ChrisVanMeer

theshavingdutchman
SOTD - Thursday 27 September 2018

• Safety Razor: Parker - Variant Graphite
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Mozingo Brushworks - Raven's Flight - Tuxedo - 24mm Bulb (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Soap: Stirling Soap - Vanilla Sandalwood
  • After-Shave: Storybook Soapworks - Visions and Revisions

DeeCee

Dan
~: SOTD 26.09.2018 :~
Pre: CeraVe face wash
Bowl: Bideford Pottery 'BigCon' bowl
Soap: MWF
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic
Razor: EJ General
Blade: Kai Pink Mild (5)
Post: Cold water rinse, Alum and Thayers unscented Witch Hazel
AS: Myrsol Agua De Limon, Bart's Balms Grapefruit & Pink Pepper
Evening shave last night. First use of the MWF, was anticipating that I wouldn't be able to lather it after reading other peoples experiences..... but turned out OK. Soaked the brush, gave it 3 flicks and swirled it onto the soap. It didn't load as well as other soaps to begin with, and not very much 'excess' lather was being created around the bowl. I added a touch more water to the tips and carried on for about 30 seconds. This did start to create a lather, and once I was happy I had enough soap loaded onto the brush I transferred to the BigCon bowl. Gradually added more water and a nice lather was produced. I think it may take a few times to get the hang of it, and exactly the consistency I'm after. That said, the lather I used was very slick and protective, and although it's not a strong scent, it was a very pleasant one. The shave went well, I used the slightly longer EJ handle (instead of the Bulldog) with the General and it worked well, although maybe not as grippy as I would like. Used Alum today for the first time in ages (years) not sure why, but felt nice afterwards. Finished with Myrsol and Bart's balm..... Smooth, soft and smelling great!
Have a great afternoon gents

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Thur 27th Sept

Vulfix 404 mixed
Tabac Stick
Gem / Ever Ready - push button
Gem S/S [ 5 ]
Tabac A/S Lotion

My last Gem Shave, with a Push Button Razor which turns out to be a Gem/Ever Ready collaboration. I had not used it for a while, so the Shave was a surprise.The Razor though smooth in operation has a nice degree of blade
that enables you to determine where extra work is required to get a good finish. Considering that the Blade was on its 5th outing I am amazed at the quality of if the finished Shave which was pleasingly close all round. This definitely has to be included in my SE Rotations in future. Did not mention how well the Tabac worked its magic
in assisting the Shave along, I have not used Tabac for a while as I am a bit worried about dropping the heavy bowl.

IMG_0257.jpg

Last edited:

Acer89

James
SOTD 27th September
Myrsol Blue
El Druida Manchurian Finest 2 band 25/50
Above The Tie R2 - Astra Platinum #1
DSC_5326a.jpg

As much as I enjoy ATT razors this R2 Open Comb isn't for me.:cry: It may well suit someone with tough dense stubble but for daily shaving I find it a tad too much. The head will be heading over to BST.:thumbsdown:

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
BIC Chrome Platinum DE blades work really well for me, but in a 'milder' razor, like Gillette Flare tip. I get very comfortable and close shaves with that combo.
Mark,
I certainly wouldn't discount BIC blades out of hand and will definitely try them in other razors but I currently have other blades which work better for me with less fuss. I'm still working my way through the sample pack.

Regards,
Chris

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
27 September 2018

Preshave: Hot water rinse + bloom water
Razor: Gillette 7 O'Clock OC
Blade: Lord Platinum (1)
Brush: Plisson Pure Badger (vintage)
Shaving Soap: Wickham LE Bleu
Aftershave Balm: Bulldog Sensitive
Aftershave: Old Spice Whitewater

A very satisfactory billiard ball smooth finish with a couple of very minor weepers which closed before I'd finished. My wife approves, so we have another success and I'm a happy chappy.

Regards,
Chris