SOTD Saturday 20 October 2018 - Friday 26 October 2018

ChrisVanMeer

theshavingdutchman
SOTD - Saturday 20 October 2018

• Safety Razor: Wolfman Razors - WR1 .67 OC WRH2 polished handle
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Saponificio Varesino - Cocobolo - 2.0 - 26mm Fan (High Mountain White)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Opuntia - Beta 4.3 - Special Edition
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Opuntia - Balm

D

Deleted member 1881

IMG_20181020_120950_DRO.jpg

GoodFellas Smile Savage Soap
Semogue 620
Wilkinson Sword Classic
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge #1
Floid Suave

*the 620 is now well broken in and has a luxurious silvertip badger feel while maintains the powerful backbone. Highly recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
OCtober 20, 2018

Gillette NEW LC Reissue & Voshkod Teflon #1
Fendrihan 24mm B&W
Antica Barbearia de Bairro
Thayers Medicated WH Astringent
Obsessed for Men by CK
73EBE3AC-B409-4448-8DA1-95B9419A2306.jpeg

A great morning shave with the NEW LC. Have a great day and awesome shaves Gents.... :okay:

D

Deleted member 1881

Pre: Warm water splash
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Soap: Stirling Sandalwood
Razor: Merkur 41c
Blade: Polsilver Łódź

View attachment 37727
The 1904 is a very mild razor but more effective than it lets on.
The 1470 is my favourite Semogue brush, soft but with plenty of backbone, just right for face lathering.
The Stirling soap doesn't have four numbers but it rates more than four out of five in my book.
So, all in all, a smasher of a super smooth Saturday shave.
Great brush man! Love Semogue!

halvor

a most elusive fish

P&B V60
Bill Jack Le Tuft Chubby 1.5
Karve CB (D plate) / Gillette Stainless
Dermalogica Post Shave Balm
My first impression from the new and longer (3.5’’) Karve handle used while away was that it significantly amped up aggression of the D plate. Coming back home I found no difference between this and the shorter one, however. In fact not quite the ergonomical difference I had expected either. Why is it that my home shaves are always better?

Last edited:

Yehuda D

Forum GOD!
20FE1649-4E00-4269-BC09-D6B6B8F1CEE0.jpeg
Saturday morning:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash
Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
Super Speed/Astra Green day 7
Mickey Lee Paradise Frost SS
Prep ASB
Alt Innsbruck AS Splash

Smooth as a baby’s little tush from a blade that was on its last legs but I had to really work hard for it. I did three passes and quite a bit of touching up all over but i got the job done. This Paradise Frost from Mickey Lee is one hell of a cracking good soap - its scent is so lovely, it’s a very refreshing grapefruit type and the lather is so thick as well as dense. Although menthol is listed as an ingredient it’s very subdued, so it’s hardly noticeable but the skincare is excellent. The South African Prep and the Alt Innsbruck took great care of my post-shave needs!

Cheers!

ajc347

Forum GOD!

Last night’s SOTD was a test between a Derby Premium and a Rapira Swedish Supersteel blade in the Rocnel Elite.

The Rapira provided a noticeably smoother shave and I’m stoked that this razor will accept blades from the Rapira and Voskhod line as well as Feathers.

So far, I’ve found that this razor will accept Feathers, Voskhod, Rapira, Derby, Shark and Asco Blades.

It won’t accept a host of other blades (including all Gillette P&G blades, Lord, Big Ben, Personna, Supermax, Trig etc) won’t fit due to the tolerances used on the centre post.

It was designed around a Feather and it shows that even from the same manufacturer (such as Lord for example, not all blade tolerances are equal).

It’s certainly helped clear up the question as to whether Lord Classic, Sharks, Asco’s and Big Ben’s are identical blades. They’re clearly not otherwise they would all fit.

The same can be said about Shark and Lord Chrome blades (as the Shark’s fit whilst the Lord’s don’t). [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk