SOTD Saturday 17th March - Friday 23rd March 2018

ChrisVanMeer

theshavingdutchman

• Safety Razor: Feather - Popular
  • Blade: Feather - Black
  • Shaving Brush: Brad Sears Shave Works - 28mm Cobalt & Disco Haze Archduke 2 (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Cream: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Lemon Lime (sample)
  • After-Shave: Pitralon - Original

p.b

Forum GOD!
118D9685-5B71-4496-8AFF-EC42C5B190FA.jpeg

Thursday. Hotel shave. I’ve set the loft too low in an effort to create some backbone and it works to a degree but spoils the overall feel of the knot. Good job it’s only held in with blue tac.

In my opinion when creating a brush one needs to play to the knot‘s strength and for the Angel hair that is plushness not backbone. I shall reset for plushness and enjoy it.

Last edited:

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
23 March 2018

Preshave: Hot water rinse + Neutrogena oil free facewash
Razor: MIL OC
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Vulfix Grosvenor 404 mixed
Shave Cream: Body Shop Maca Root
Aftershave Balm: Body Shop Maca Root balancing face protector
Aftershave: Woodspice Amber

Second shave with the MIL OC razor and to be honest I'm not overwhelmed with it so far. Perhaps I need to refine my technique but I don't find it delivers any better shave than my Piccolo Grande (Edit: that should read Fatip Grande - senior moment). No nicks or weepers but four passes plus touch ups for a near BBS is average for me. I'll try it with a Nacet blade tomorrow.

Have a gentle Friday.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:

Dr Watson

James

3P ~ Plisson Synthétique ~ Timor 6/8"
No, its not Nuavia... @halvor Shavedash Jim came through and sorted me out with 2 empty jars in the end :dance:

First shave using Italian 3P soft almond barbershop soap, I got it to compare with Vitos (the only other product of this type I've used.) I'm blown away by the performance, probably one of the finest quality lathers I've ever achieved and with little to no effort on my part... Thick, creamy & voluminous, extremely slick with loads of residual slickness, seemingly very good post shave as no aftershave required other than a splash of cold water. Oh, its also got the best almond scent I've smelt yet in a soap, certainly stronger than Vitos but not too strong or sickeningly sweet.

Surprised me as its a simple veg formula (no tallow) so perhaps tallow isn't the mystical all important ingredient its often cracked up to be?

halvor

a most elusive fish

3P ~ Plisson Synthétique ~ Timor 6/8"
No, its not Nuavia... @halvor Shavedash Jim came through and sorted me out with 2 empty jars in the end :dance:

First shave using Italian 3P soft almond barbershop soap, I got it to compare with Vitos (the only other product of this type I've used.) I'm blown away by the performance, probably one of the finest quality lathers I've ever achieved and with little to no effort on my part... Thick, creamy & voluminous, extremely slick with loads of residual slickness, seemingly very good post shave as no aftershave required other than a splash of cold water. Oh, its also got the best almond scent I've smelt yet in a soap, certainly stronger than Vitos but not too strong or sickeningly sweet.

Surprised me as its a simple veg formula (no tallow) so perhaps tallow isn't the mystical all important ingredient its often cracked up to be?
Jim’s the man!

halvor

a most elusive fish
Today’s shave, the third with the Lvl3 plate.
7EF02CAF-C4C7-44C4-A586-EBC3D1BEBD25.jpeg

Paladin Lotus, Charcoal SB Lvl3, C&F 1445 cream, Pitralon Classic AS.

Short on time today, but managed to get a (stressed) shave in. That’s a test on the razor, too, and it delivered. Way beyond decent result, a close and smooth shave. I need to get me some better matching after shave to 1445, though.

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
SOTD 230318
SOTD 230318 resize 4.jpg

Blade: Schcik Proline #1
Razor: General Polished SS (On Loan @Acer89 )
Brush: Bogwood & Resin Custom 26mm TGN High Mountain White (On Loan @Acer89 )
Soap: Martin De Candre
EDT: Grey Flannel

Due to the outstanding generosity of @Acer89 I have just had a wonderful shave.
Thank you very much James, it is truly appreciated.

The polished General left me with a 4 pass BBS mirror finish.
Yes 4 passes because I could not resist and stop using this magnificent brush. Sublimely cloud soft tips with amazing flow through.
Painting my face was an absolute pleasure. There is a surprising amount of backbone. These TGN HMW are incredible.

The soap is amongst the best I have tried, a super thick creamy lather with great slickness and post shave feel.

Finished with the Witch Hazel and a generous helping of Grey Flannel. Great stuff.

Enjoy your shaves! :)

Salv

SOTD 230318
View attachment 26698

Blade: Schcik Proline #1
Razor: General Polished SS (On Loan @Acer89 )
Brush: Bogwood & Resin Custom 26mm TGN High Mountain White (On Loan @Acer89 )
Soap: Martin De Candre
EDT: Grey Flannel

Due to the outstanding generosity of @Acer89 I have just had a wonderful shave.
Thank you very much James, it is truly appreciated.

The polished General left me with a 4 pass BBS mirror finish.
Yes 4 passes because I could not resist and stop using this magnificent brush. Sublimely cloud soft tips with amazing flow through.
Painting my face was an absolute pleasure. There is a surprising amount of backbone. These TGN HMW are incredible.

The soap is amongst the best I have tried, a super thick creamy lather with great slickness and post shave feel.

Finished with the Witch Hazel and a generous helping of Grey Flannel. Great stuff.

Enjoy your shaves! :)
Wayne

Really like the setup, love the handle on the brush