SOTD : Saturday 16 April -Friday 22th April 2022.

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
60A20ED7-5CEE-4721-B9D0-70CEEA25312A.jpeg

SOTD: 22/04/2022

Razor: Green Cult Razor
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Shadow Orchid Puck
Aftershave: Tom Ford Black Orchid EDT
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Wow! I have a new mildly aggressive razor on the Den and after one shave I’m impressed. Yes it’s definitely less refined than my old Blackbird but once the angle is right it’s arguably as smooth and efficient! That fresh, very close shave feel I got from the Blackbird is back, a little stinging from the Alum but in a good way. Could have had a very good DFS at 2 passes, BBS in places but went for the third and was pleasantly surprised. At £40 it’s a massive winner for me! Yes the handle does slide a little but it will be easily replaced, that the only minor negative I have and that’s being picky, it’s well made just not well designed.

Tonyschin

Pogonotomist
22/04/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Blackland ERA L3
Blade - 7 'o' clock Yellow
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Body Shop Arber EDT
Wk16  (7).JPG

The more i use this razor the better the shaves i am getting, they are smooth, comfortable and efficient. No blade chatter or feel which i like, no indication it is ever going to bite at all. The ERA is giving me very similar (and very good) results as the WS-D2 and \ PILS. What's not to like.
I have also really enjoyed "the Fat" this week and may even try "Mitchells May" next month, not sure yet.
Anyway,
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Still on the Omnibus kick.

Lavanille today. Great performance, though an understandably polarising scent for some. It's not at all bad once lathered.

From the tub it smells like someone has stamped dark chocolate, into wet soil around a campfire and then sprinkled confectioners sugar on top. Then I get wafts of leather and lavender. Dark, earthy and creamy. Weird but not bad or unpleasant. Certainly unique.

IMG_20220422_162709400_HDR.jpg

Happy Friday:thumbsup:

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
CAB736C1-E10F-4BA7-B01A-B68310A3B6F2.jpeg

Lovely shave from the Rocnel, no complaints on the shave at all and it’s actually adjustable and can notice a difference in different settings. Smooth and efficient and I went no higher than 3 for this shave.

However, although it’s well balanced, it’s slightly too heavy for me for the size of handle, and as such will probably be going up for sale.