SOTD : Saturday 11th September - Friday 17th September 2021.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Fri 17th September

Muhle Silvertip A
Haslinger Honig
Occams Enoch
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 6 ))
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Used the Enoch and not the scheduled SE. Shaves very nicely with a decent finish, not the closest as a guarded blade does not do ultra without more effort.

Laptopproblem so no photo

Tortuga

The Spangle Maker
Carbon Cx ti 0.68, Gillette 7 O'clock Green, Oku Bilbao, Ethos Fresco, Guerlain Homme edp.
I've been wanting to try the Ethos soaps for a while now and seeing the new firmer soaps (F base) were being made I decided to give one a go,being a year round freshie scent lover the Italia Collection Fresco appealed the most,it is scented with Lime,basil and a hint of spearmint and is right up my street,the soap didn't disappoint performance wise and really excelled in the post shave feel for me personally, wonderful stuff and really looking forward to Frank's ginger beer inspired soap next year.
IMG_20210917_100702_830.jpg

Last edited:

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
17 September 2021

Preshave:
Hot water rinse
Brush: New Forest 2223 High Mountain Badger
Razor: British Gillette Aluminium Handled Tech
Blade: Gillette Nacet (9)
Soap/Cream: Proraso Green
Aftershave Balm: Bulldog Sensitive
Aftershave: Proraso Green

I initially failed to get the soap hydration right, ending up with lather more like canned goo. I reloaded the brush and the second batch was much improved, leading to a belting shave with a cool, BBS, 9/10 result, rounded off with the cool shot of Proraso Green.

Happy Friday.

Regards,
Chris

Boycie83

Space Cadet
17/09/2021 - SEptember

Razor: Enoch
Blade: Feather Pro (2)
Brush: Boti 20mm
Soap: Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu

IMG_20210917_192843.jpg

Another nice shave with the Enoch. I had read various reviews about this razor and approached it with some hesitancy. Many described it as rough and aggressive. It's certainly efficient but I've had two comfortable shaves it and a Feather Pro.

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
Gillette Fat Handle English 40’s Tech
Rapira Swede
28mm Silk Smoke Knot
Wilkie Stick
Vintage Shulton Old Spice
Boots Freshwood ASB

Oh this razor! Slotted base which feels heavier than the later rhomboidal style, fully and thickly replated by Prestige in Mexborough and the hollow handle weighted with tungsten putty. Divine balance.

I used the knot only to evaluate its performance and it was outstanding! It will be set in a Yew carved handle which is not yet finished but is well on its way. I will always love a big boar knot and do like badger as well but synthetics truly feel like the future. Plastic is what worries me though…

Thanks to @The Geordie Shaver for the Wilkie stick, the scent of which is superior to the venerable Palmolive variant. Performance is either on a par or better than the aforementioned. ‘Tis sufficient to say there’s not much better lather out there.

Result: glorious shave. I’m enjoying shaving every day for the first time since my office days. Hallelujah!

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
D8B754BC-EED3-4B26-93DF-AF4C5354EE7D.jpeg

SOTD: 09/19/2021

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Astra SP, fourth use
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented
Soap: A&E Monte Carlo
Post: Alum, Baxter’s aftershave balm and A&E Monte Carlo aftershave.

A great shave, even if I was in a rush and made the mistake of shaving for the 4th time with my Astra blade! Despite a little tugging, (the blades fault not the razor!) I got a DFS with the hone holding it together perfectly!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!