SOTD Boxing Day to Friday 01 January 2021

Progress_user

Forum GOD!
9946EC70-E59C-496A-A9B8-C934E1CCBB6C.jpeg

Timeless Ti .95
Iridium super blade
Omega 621 Silvertip
SV Opuntia Set

Happy and peaceful New Year to all the members of this great community, from which I learnt how to choose and master sharp objects around my face 🥸

PS: Still wondering what kind of sorcery makes this Timeless work so smootlhy and efficiently at the same time. Totally intrigued!

SlimGem

Forum GOD!
01-01-2021

My SlimGem shave

Pre-shave
: Warm water
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood
Brush: Stirling boar
Bowl: 3D printed
Razor: Gillette Slim/GEM Ornate
Blade: GEM Coated Stainless/Dorco new platinum
Post-shave: Old Spice - Classic

Many, many years ago, a Gillette Slim and GEM Ornate started my collection. And so, it's only fair that I start this new year with the two that started my hobby. Thank you all for your contribution to the hobby and to all, a Happy New Year.

SlimGem.jpg

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Timeless Slim SS .50 & King C. Gillette Platinum
APShaveCo. 28mm Silksmoke Winter
La Pere Lucien Oud-Santal soap
Razorock Tuscan Oud a/s splash
Acqua di Parma Oud eau de parfum
1D965438-D6B1-4856-90A4-5E7A48750774.jpeg

2021 brings in a good shave. A Happy New Year to all filled with peace, health, prosperity and most importantly, Love. A great day and shaves my shaving bro-ham’s.....

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Happy New Year- May 2021 be much better for everyone

Jayaruh Syn No67
Tabac soap
Occams Enoch
Schick Proline ( 3 )
Tabac A/S lotion

The Enoch has now firmly established itself as a Razor which I can depend on to deliver a good Shave.In fact if all Shaves in 2021 are as good as this one I will be a happy bunny, and the Tabac was a good choice.

048B9E42-5623-4FEE-A274-7407A33EB0F1.jpeg

TomG

Forum GOD!

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill
Razor: Merkur Mergress (5; 2.5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (4)
Scent: Amouage Epic Man EdP

A week of scorching weather here in Perth; time for a nice cooling menthol shave, and what better than Stirling Lemon Chill Glacial.
The ring of death is growing in the tin, but still plenty enough for another few shaves. The ever reliable Savile Row brush quickly whipped up a bowl full of lather, and I began to attack an 8 day beard. I've been pushing a few deadlines of late, and hence shaving has been on the backburner. I dialed the Mergress up to '5'; the highest setting I have used to date, and away I went with the WTG pass. The vintage Spoiler blade effortlessly scythed down my beard; the only difference was having to pause maybe twice as often to rinse clean the razor head. Without doubt there was more blade feel on the '5' setting, but I never had the sense that it would "bite". I dialed it back down to my normal '2.5' for the XTG and ATG passes. Cold water rinse, followed by witch hazel and Myrsol Plastic Shave, and I was feeling really refreshed. Plastic Shave has a unique post-shave feel, due to the lactic acid content. Fantastic Stuff.

And speaking of fantastic stuff, the shave was crowned with a general dousing of Amouage Epic Man EdP. Epic indeed!