Something New

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
@Roswell2019 Just a note: There are discounts for some Artisans soaps etc on this forum, Such as

Wickham's http://w-soap.co.uk enter; agt-10 on checkout and get 10% discount.

Connaught shaving: any order £50 & over (41.66 ex.VAT). Code: ATG50 - 10% discount

Just keep an eye on the "Sponsored Vendor Area". Discounts pop up out of the blue.

To any of the moderators. Could we please have a section in Vendors area displaying all active discount 👍

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
TOBS cream is good and where I started, Geo Trumper is good too. If you haven't tried a soap, it would be a worth a shot as they last much better than creams. My favourite creams are TOBS and Trumpers, the scent ranges are excellent. Trumpers GFT, Eucris and Sandalwood are my favourites. For soap I pretty much only use Wickham.

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
But where is @MntnMan62 to suggest some UK great cream that has been reformulated in a mediocre cream?:laugh:
If you can get your hands on some The Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream, go for it. It's been reformulated and they now call it Maca Root and Aloe Shave Cream, even though the first one had some aloe in it. I haven't tried the new formulation so can't confirm Randy's perspective on it's lack of performance. Actually, I think I'd pick up a tub of the new version just to see how it compares. I'm a big fan of TOBS creams. Sandalwood is really nice as is Eton College and Grapefruit. Those three are my favorites.

D

Deleted member 1881

If you can get your hands on some The Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream, go for it. It's been reformulated and they now call it Maca Root and Aloe Shave Cream, even though the first one had some aloe in it. I haven't tried the new formulation so can't confirm Randy's perspective on it's lack of performance. Actually, I think I'd pick up a tub of the new version just to see how it compares. I'm a big fan of TOBS creams. Sandalwood is really nice as is Eton College and Grapefruit. Those three are my favorites.
I agree. Ok TBH, the old one is better but the new one is not far behind. I just don't like the new one, I prefer the previous!

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Thanks to all who have replied, I think I will stay with TOBS for now but some of the suggestions are very tempting.
Have a look on shavedash (man, I should be on commission!) there is loads of soaps/creams better(?) than TOBS..

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Like yourself, I started with Tobs cream soaps like Jermyn st and Eton but couldn't stand the stink of Eton and binned it.
Only to find I could have traded that here 😭.

Rowlers is right, get on to Shavedash and for a few quid, the world of lather is on your face.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Thanks to all who have replied, I think I will stay with TOBS for now but some of the suggestions are very tempting.
In my opinion you are missing out on some vastly superior soaps by limiting yourself to TOBS. However, you're probably aware, after reading this forum, that you're avoiding the rabbit hole of soaps. It might be the smarter move...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1881

In my opinion you are missing out on some vastly superior soaps by limiting yourself to TOBS. However, you're probably aware, after reading this forum, that you're avoiding the rabbit hole of soaps. It might be the smarter move...
I second this. Tobs is good stuff, not something excellent though.

You must get into the artisan rabbit hole.

D

Deleted member 1881

I was about to write this too, I second these products.
So to sum up:
Vitos Red Soap
Lea Mentolada
Speick Stick
Valobra Hard puck tallow
La Toja Stick/Cream

I would add the Maca Root, Razorock, TFS, MWF, St. James of London, Real Shave Cream, Palmolive, Cyril Salter puck tallow.

And the one and only Panama Boellis, quite expensive but well worth it.

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
I love ToBS Sandalwood (soap and cream) and wouldn’t be without either.
my favourite though is Wickhams Magnum - not that I have any vast knowledge being only 18 months down the road.