Soap list

pearse85

okay, so little over a month at it and i have assembled a decent wee selection of;

Proraso white
Proraso green
Fitjar fjellheim
Mitchells wool fat
Truefitt&hill no 10 (cream)

Now, id like to add a few more to that list, just needing a uk vendor, ones im liking the look of are;

Stirling coniferous
Tallow&steel boreal
Natural shaving cream executive shaving
Phoenix & beau denali
Phoenix & beau trafalgar

Any reviews of the ones i would like to acquire?

Rabbit hole someone mentioned when i joined haha.

les24preludes

Über Member
Stirling coniferous ?? never tried
Tallow&steel boreal - all the T&S soaps I tried had chaotic scents, and some plain unusable
Natural shaving cream executive shaving ?? never tried
Phoenix & beau denali/trafalgar - had two used P&B soaps that smelled funny, were probably off

I wouldn't order any of the above as a priority. What I would order is:
- Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti, Stella Alpina, Felce
- Wholly Kaw King of Oud, this is a masterpiece
- Any Grooming Dept., but that's also a US soap
- Another Fitjar - Havn is lovely, Folgefonn mentholated and cooling, Slatteroy more spicy. Start with Havn
- One of the Eufros range. Gea is lovely
- T&H 1805
- Pre de Provence 63
- Wickhams Cashmere (there was one on the BST - lovely scent)

pearse85

Stirling coniferous ?? never tried
Tallow&steel boreal - all the T&S soaps I tried had chaotic scents, and some plain unusable
Natural shaving cream executive shaving ?? never tried
Phoenix & beau denali/trafalgar - had two used P&B soaps that smelled funny, were probably off

I wouldn't order any of the above as a priority. What I would order is:
- Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti, Stella Alpina, Felce
- Wholly Kaw King of Oud, this is a masterpiece
- Any Grooming Dept., but that's also a US soap
- Another Fitjar - Havn is lovely, Folgefonn mentholated and cooling, Slatteroy more spicy. Start with Havn
- One of the Eufros range. Gea is lovely
- T&H 1805
- Pre de Provence 63
- Wickhams Cashmere (there was one on the BST - lovely scent)
Off to have a look!

RandySp

Legendary Member
I should add here the B&M Excelsior base and the Declaration Grooming Icarus.

I agree for WK King of Oud with @les24preludes

Really a masterpiece from the king of post shave.

Oh and toss these two Proraso products. No good enough.

pearse85

I should add here the B&M Excelsior base and the Declaration Grooming Icarus.

I agree for WK King of Oud with @les24preludes

Really a masterpiece from the king of post shave.

Oh and toss these two Proraso products. No good enough.
I actually dont mind the proraso soaps, not expensive but give a decent shave imo.

Last edited:

pearse85

Ok, so much soaps to try haha.

That martin de candre looks good, as does the king of oud, will probably order both soon.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
P&B Denali is AWESOME stuff. Any Stirling, as long as you like the scent. MITA is superb, but maybe similar to Denali. Agar and coniferous are both really good! Wickhams scents are great and performance up there, as long as it doesn't irritate... I'm in the minority though.

Wayne

Forum Sod
okay, so little over a month at it and i have assembled a decent wee selection of;

Proraso white
Proraso green
Fitjar fjellheim
Mitchells wool fat
Truefitt&hill no 10 (cream)

Now, id like to add a few more to that list, just needing a uk vendor, ones im liking the look of are;

Stirling coniferous
Tallow&steel boreal
Natural shaving cream executive shaving
Phoenix & beau denali
Phoenix & beau trafalgar

Any reviews of the ones i would like to acquire?

Rabbit hole someone mentioned when i joined haha.
Right mate, so looking at what you have you are ready to step up to the next level. Prorasso, ES Natural, T&S and P&B's I'd give a miss to personally. Stirling can be bought from The Shaving Time Company in the UK and they carry nearly all of them and all are great you just have so much choice scent wise. I would choose Wickham or OSP over P&B everytime, just my personal preference, I've never got on with it, both excellent UK soaps. If you really want U.S soap though you would be fine with Wickhams, OSP and Stirling, then I'd choose Barrister and Mann, you just cannot go wrong with them. Martin De Candre is great but so expensive I'd give it a miss for now, same with the SV soaps. Nice but expensive for what you get. Plenty of time for them later if you must. Hope that helps?

les24preludes

Über Member
Here's the hit list of Saponificio Varesino scents. They can be as little as £20 plus they're in Europe, plus they're very hard and last well.

Felce 36
Stella Alpina 31
70th Anniversary 19
Dolomiti 15
Manna 14
Mirto 13
Tundra Arctica 7
Colonia 6
Opuntia 5
Flying Mango 2

mbarno

Veteran
All good suggestions.
Barrister & Mann old or new base are great, not the reserve line.

Another vote for Wholly Kaw, amazing post shave.
Cannot go wrong with Stirling.

Noble Otter and Australian private reserve are other suggestions.

I agree with others, Proraso is really sub par, but cheap. I personally prefer quality over quantity, and just see things like Proraso as wasted money. The majority of people on this forum like quality and quantity [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Burry

Forum GOD!
I am a huge fan of the ES natural cream. Always have some in the den, lovely and cooling, and I intend to try their citrus kiss. I agree with @Wayne that Wickhams (and OSP if you can find it) is first class and a notch above P&B (I've tried most of them). Stirling is very good, my favourite is Gatlinburg. Saponificio varesino is one of the best performing soaps that I know, but I find their scents rather sickly after a while.