Soap base getting soft

Levi

Forum GOD!
Gents,

I don’t know if this is only my experience or some of you have the same issues with this new soap bases getting soft. I bought three months ago this A&E BS and when arriving it looks strange and when I put my finger against the soap it feels like a cream. A couple weeks ago I bought a Declaration Grooming Sellout with exactly the same issue. This is my first issue with a A&E soap but with DG it’s already the third one. I made this thread to see if some of you have the same problem and also if other brands with similar issues have it too. So please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences. Blessings.
CA61B207-0B49-4CF2-9A14-37983858CCB6.jpeg

Levi

Forum GOD!
Do they perform the same?
Performance isn’t the problem, the one thing that you can’t do is loading the brush from the tub because it’s to soft. I treat it like a shaving cream, scoop some soap out of it.

Fozzie Bear

Forum Clod!
I have a couple of DG Sellout tubs which I bought a while back. The Milksteak base is indeed a soft soap but mine firmed up after a couple of uses (I even load from the tub) your soap seems exceptionally soft. I also have a few A&E soaps, again both a while back in the Kaizen base which was somewhat soft ( not as much as Milksteak base) and again firmed up with use. I recently bought a Kaizen 2 soap and this is firmer that the K1.

Your A&E soap again seems unduly soft, where Did you buy them and I wonder if they were transported during a period of hot weather?.

Levi

Forum GOD!
@Fozzie Bear The A&E I bought from Scheersalon and the DG from Anticatura, so both of them coming from the EU. That was exactly what I initially thought that too hot weather changed it so with the A&E soap I air dried it for a month and it didn’t changed a thing.

J349

Forum GOD!
Performance isn’t the problem, the one thing that you can’t do is loading the brush from the tub because it’s to soft. I treat it like a shaving cream, scoop some soap out of it.
I only had that with a Nuavia Green, turned a bit softer, but the performance was not the same after.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
That’s unusual for A&E, their soaps are normally firmer than that. Normal for Milksteak though, that’s the softest soap I’ve ever used until the new formulation of Løthur, which has superseded it.

Levi

Forum GOD!
That’s unusual for A&E, their soaps are normally firmer than that. Normal for Milksteak though, that’s the softest soap I’ve ever used until the new formulation of Løthur, which has superseded it.
I have 3 other soaps (Platinum, Monte Carlo & Cannabliss Santal) from A&E and they are solid, no issues at all. I’ve had Dayman and Yuzu Rose Patchouli from DG, they were a little bit soft in the beginning but while using they came a bit firmer. But this Sellout is a lot softer. Løthur seems to be in the same ball park.

SeanC

Forum GOD!
I have a couple of DG Sellout tubs which I bought a while back. The Milksteak base is indeed a soft soap but mine firmed up after a couple of uses (I even load from the tub) your soap seems exceptionally soft. I also have a few A&E soaps, again both a while back in the Kaizen base which was somewhat soft ( not as much as Milksteak base) and again firmed up with use. I recently bought a Kaizen 2 soap and this is firmer that the K1.

Your A&E soap again seems unduly soft, where Did you buy them and I wonder if they were transported during a period of hot weather?.
Likewise, I've had a couple of tubs of DG Milksteak base and whilst on the softer side, they were firm enough to lather directly. I suspect either bad batches or heat exposure

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
I have 3 other soaps (Platinum, Monte Carlo & Cannabliss Santal) from A&E and they are solid, no issues at all. I’ve had Dayman and Yuzu Rose Patchouli from DG, they were a little bit soft in the beginning but while using they came a bit firmer. But this Sellout is a lot softer. Løthur seems to be in the same ball park.
Yeah that’s weird, maybe one he didn’t let cure properly before he sent it? I’ve never had an A&E be that soft.