Sneaky Peak of a new SE on the block. Claymore Evolution.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Has anyone yet received one from Hong Kong ?
Mine has finally arrived in UK, hanging around Langley sounds ominous in terms of possible extra costs, despite what Steve said.

jimthecamera

Forum GOD!
I attach pics of a factory-and polished version of the Alpha to whet your appetites??

I even managed to gloss polish a spare executive shaving claymore stand-to complete the superb looks of this beast

super smooth and ultra efficient razor this-

prefer this model over any of my earlier mongooses att etc

And even such nicer to use than the razorock Hawk v3-

in use would not know that a blade has even been loaded

even using my least favourite feather pro guards-

As mine will not work with my favourite Kai mg touch blades

IMG_4145.jpeg
IMG_4146.jpeg
IMG_4147.jpeg
IMG_4162.jpeg

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
^
I liked the polished much better than the sand-blasted / bead-blasted look. But rather than a high-maintenance, high-polish which looks great initially but crappy after a couple of normal usage scratches show, I’d rather they go with a RazoRock-like finish.

dc68

-------------
My Evo arrived Saturday, I shall give it a few more tries but I do not think it is for me. The head is just too big. otherwise it is a great razor. Don't be surprised if I advertise for it, the bullet stand and 19 blades by next weekend.

Boycie83

Space Cadet
The test of good customer service is the response when something goes wrong. Steve replied to me within minutes and is arranging for a replacement top cap to be sent. Good customer service there.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Mine has just arrived. I've done some blade checks. Kai Pink and Feather Pro do not fit but the Schick Proline does. The Proline can be installed and removed with ease. Strange.
That does not bode well for mine, would expect Feather Pro/ Proguard, Kai to fit as per latest spec Sheet.
Sounds like he is sending us the crap heads.
Will try out all my blades in it before I use it.

Boycie83

Space Cadet
Had a rough shave with the Claymore and had to abandon it after the first pass. I should've spotted this when the Proline fitted and the Feather Pro didn't. The blade is misaligned hence the discomfort. A bit hard to see in my pic but you get the gist. Oh well, Steve is sorting me a replacement so I'll wait for that.

IMG_20210920_213931.jpg

dc68

-------------
Had a rough shave with the Claymore and had to abandon it after the first pass. I should've spotted this when the Proline fitted and the Feather Pro didn't. The blade is misaligned hence the discomfort. A bit hard to see in my pic but you get the gist. Oh well, Steve is sorting me a replacement so I'll wait for that.

View attachment 100903
Thank you for that, I was wondering if mine was misaligned, hence why the shave felt rough. It would appear that mine has an issue with the top cap in the same way as yours. Ill email him to seek his assistance. Good Job forum!

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Thank you for that, I was wondering if mine was misaligned, hence why the shave felt rough. It would appear that mine has an issue with the top cap in the same way as yours. Ill email him to seek his assistance. Good Job forum!
Is this going to be a Saga, like Occams.

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Out of curiosity has anyone recieved a perfect razor head one without issue?
If there has been one, I haven’t seen or read any reports on any Claymore Evolution accepting the full gambit of AC blades. Though, I will say that there was a recipient over on DFS if I’m correct, that tried a Feather Super in his version and it fit perfectly, go figure. Personally, at the moment I’m at a crossroads of sorts. Mine works with a Feather Pro & Proline, 2 of my favorites but, it would have been nice to try a Feather Super in it just for sh**s & giggles. Not sure yet if I’m going to ask for a swap on the top cap. We’ll see….

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
If there has been one, I haven’t seen or read any reports on any Claymore Evolution accepting the full gambit of AC blades. Though, I will say that there was a recipient over on DFS if I’m correct, that tried a Feather Super in his version and it fit perfectly, go figure. Personally, at the moment I’m at a crossroads of sorts. Mine works with a Feather Pro & Proline, 2 of my favorites but, it would have been nice to try a Feather Super in it just for sh**s & giggles. Not sure yet if I’m going to ask for a swap on the top cap. We’ll see….
The Feather Professional and Schick ProLine blades are pretty common and generally well accepted, and the razor is not supposed to take the ProLines, so seems like you lucked out with a "good" bad cap. Or should it be a good "bad" cap?