Sneaky Peak of a new SE on the block. Claymore Evolution.

poldie

Hi Everyone,
Like a few people on here I'm using the Claymore as my first venture in SEs and have a silly question. Will this razor only take the AC Feather blades or will it also suit other types of SE balde, eg I read a lot of people like the Schick Prolines in other SEs, will they be an option with the Claymore?

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Hi Everyone,
Like a few people on here I'm using the Claymore as my first venture in SEs and have a silly question. Will this razor only take the AC Feather blades or will it also suit other types of SE balde, eg I read a lot of people like the Schick Prolines in other SEs, will they be an option with the Claymore?
Yes. Feather, Kai & Schick Proline P’s…

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
Hi Everyone,
If you mean other “types” of SE blades such as GEM and DE half-blades, pretty sure that would be a no.

Below is a list of compatible blades as per the product page. Not sure if the absence of Schick Proline on the list is because they haven’t been tested or just not compatible. The last line specifies two Feather blades that are NOT compatible.

The Claymore Evolution is compatible with the following blades:
Feather SoftGuard
Feather Professional
Feather ProGuard
Kai Captain
Kai Captain Titan Mild
Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch
Kai Captain Sharpblade
Kamisori
The Claymore Evolution is not compatible with Feather Light and Feather Super Blades.

poldie

If you mean other “types” of SE blades such as GEM and DE half-blades, pretty sure that would be a no.

Below is a list of compatible blades as per the product page. Not sure if the absence of Schick Proline on the list is because they haven’t been tested or just not compatible. The last line specifies two Feather blades that are NOT compatible.

The Claymore Evolution is compatible with the following blades:
Feather SoftGuard
Feather Professional
Feather ProGuard
Kai Captain
Kai Captain Titan Mild
Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch
Kai Captain Sharpblade
Kamisori
The Claymore Evolution is not compatible with Feather Light and Feather Super Blades.
Thank you much appreciated!

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Got fed up waiting, and had such a good Shave with Hawk V3-A plate and Kai pink that common sense has kicked in.
After all just counted and I have 11 AC/SE Razors do I really need another one? especially as it is not as originally hoped being made in Scotland.Answer is No - so cancelled my order, and someone else can move up the waitlist.

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
I wrote Alpha Shaving about this and was told that the Super fits. Maybe Steve will chime in on this here on the forum.
"The Claymore Evolution is not compatible with Feather Light and Feather Super Blades."

Just to be clear, that statement is not mine. That was part of the copy-and-paste from the website. It is at the very bottom in the Product Details box, in bold italics. I have never owned either of those, so I'm not sure why those would be incompatible when other Feather blades are.

jeepie

Forum GOD!
"The Claymore Evolution is not compatible with Feather Light and Feather Super Blades."

Just to be clear, that statement is not mine. That was part of the copy-and-paste from the website. It is at the very bottom in the Product Details box, in bold italics. I have never owned either of those, so I'm not sure why those would be incompatible when other Feather blades are.
I remember there was a similar discussion about the Paradigm Se. The official documentation said that Feather supers wouldn’t work, but they did in real life.

I don’t know whether it will be the same in this case but perhaps useful background? There can be a discrepancy between manufacturers specs and real life.