Site update? 18.7.2019

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Is there a way to tell you have notifications or updates to review Chris? It looks like you’re only notified after log in. I like the notification in Tapatalk telling me of updates. How’s this work now?
I just log in and stay logged in. I don’t get notifications without visiting the site but it’s no biggie to just hit the bookmark. If someone sends me a PM I get an email alert.

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
I found the mark all forums thread, different too. To mark a single forum "read" you do it from the individual forum...
Got that one now thanks.. Do miss that little dot against the threads where there are unread posts. The bold type does not stand out much from the rest although it seems that it does take you to the last unread one when you go into it.

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
I have a request. I don't want to have Profile Posts on my What's New page - they take up space and force me to click twice - once on What's New and once on New Posts.

The problem is that after clicking on a thread you only have the What's New option on top to take you back. So I would like this to return me to New Posts without the additional Profile Posts at the bottom. Can this be modified? I think that's how it was before.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I have a request. I don't want to have Profile Posts on my What's New page - they take up space and force me to click twice - once on What's New and once on New Posts.

The problem is that after clicking on a thread you only have the What's New option on top to take you back. So I would like this to return me to New Posts without the additional Profile Posts at the bottom. Can this be modified? I think that's how it was before.
I'll be honest it's going to cost a minimum of £30-£80 to rectify this, if it's possible to do so. So for an individual request it's not something we can realistically afford long term. If its an issue with the majority of members then it's something we can consider.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Not possible to shrink and move the featured threads thingy from top of page to sidebar?
The extent of my IT knowledge is being able to upload a picture to a thread. Feature threads are also a condition available for paid vendors so again not possible to modify.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Not possible to shrink and move the featured threads thingy from top of page to sidebar?
Easy to do, but like Nishy says, it kinda defeats the object of featured threads. It is in the same place as it always has been.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
The extent of my IT knowledge is being able to upload a picture to a thread. Feature threads are also a condition available for paid vendors so again not possible to modify.
This can be done too. Let me know what you think Nishy, via PM if required...

Nisse

Old geezer
Things on a page that move or blink send "this is an ad, do not look"-signals to my brain :)

Last edited:

TobyC

Patriot
Easy to do, but like Nishy says, it kinda defeats the object of featured threads. It is in the same place as it always has been.
I've never seen the featured threads thing before, not until the update, but I only see it now after I've marked forums read. I use the "new posts" page exclusively, and it doesn't show there.