Simpson’s Chubby 2 synthetic knot extraction

p.b

Forum GOD!
Gonna be a softy, but you know that already.
Yeah- but it’ll be interesting to try it at 54mm. My ‘problem’ with the CH2Syn wasn’t the knot, it’s always been the dinky little handle it comes with. Somehow the handle works with a badger knot that seems to hold more soap at the tips but these synths have always had so much of the soap running down the handle. I have a 400 style handle I would have liked it in but the top section is even big enough for the depth of the bore!

p.b

Forum GOD!
I measured it today and with the blue tac it is set at 57mm. In use I was very surprised that even at 57mm it felt fantastic, far from floppy but I think I will have to take some more off the bottom of the base - I think most of it is cement / glue and try it at about 54mm.

R181

Grumpy old man
IIRC, people who beta tested Chubby 2 synthetic brushes were a bit critical of the loft on the production version. Seems the beta brushes were 54mm lofted and the production ones were 51mm lofted. A lot of new users thought it was like using an eraser to lather with being very difficult to splay.

Bob

Dave-the-rave

Forum GOD!
My understanding is they took a few hairs out
I measured it today and with the blue tac it is set at 57mm. In use I was very surprised that even at 57mm it felt fantastic, far from floppy but I think I will have to take some more off the bottom of the base - I think most of it is cement / glue and try it at about 54mm.
You're going to invent the Duke 4.

celestino

Forum GOD!
Congratulations and that new handle looks so much better. I hope you find a loft for the knot that you enjoy.
Thanks for the photos on the process. 👍

Reactions: p.b