Silver Birch Brushes

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
I have a couple of bowl blanks that i have thought about trying to put a spiral pattern into to help with building up lather, maybe someday as there is a lot of time that has to go into them.
A spiral sounds difficult!
I thought concentric circles, more like a bulls eye target pattern, would be easier.
Not that I know anything about turning, but would love to have a go one day.

Steven_jagger

Forum GOD!
You are very welcome Kevin, it was a challenge to make the handles working to tenths of a millimetre and making the brass insert to maintain the functionality of the settings

Paladin

Ok so I’m kinda new at wet shaving having only been doing it for a year but I don’t understand the why of synthetic brushes. With the availablity of very good, and very inexpensive, real badger hair brushes from China why would I want to use an inferior product? I’ve used a couple of supposedly good synthetic brushes and they simply can’t perform nearly as well as a natural hair brush. The only reason I can think of to use a synthetic brush is if you’re concerned with possible cruelty to badgers.
Its like a jacket or sleeping bag, down is far superior to polyester fiber. The only advantage of the fake down is price and performance when wet. In every other way natural down is significantly better.
So If badger brushes were all fairly pricey and synthetic much cheaper I’d get it, but that’s not the case anymore. So what advantage does a synthetic brush really have over badger hair?