Show your Shavemacs

jaro101969

I would voice all this to Bernd he may be able to offer a remedy
I told him and all he said was to tell me to check postal service letter prices of course post is closed today.. But i still gotta get something to use while its in transit before i do anything...

p.b

Forum GOD!
Grab a cheap-ish boar brush while it's away.
I've found that 3-bands tend to shed more than 2 bands - I suspect it's down to the finer hairs. I've had a 26mm silver tip that shed but Bernd sorted it out.

MichaelS

Forum GOD!
My DO1 2-bands, stiff, dense, scrubby, zero hair loss, outstanding with all soaps and creams. 2:1 ratio on the two smaller ones, a bit more height for the thicker ones. The two metal Plissons started life with synthetic lofts, which I didn't get on with. DO1 2-band is my favourite badger hair, expensive but worth it, these will stay in the collection :)

Left to right:
- 24/48
- 25/50
- 26/54
- 28/58

blexa

Veteran
The Shavemac Milk Churn.
Since I am so enthusiastic about my Milk Churn handle, I started an inquiry with Bernd, whether he can not even make me such a Milk Churn with this unique design.
After a nice friendly conversation with Bernd Blos/Shavemac about the specifications of the production and design of the handle Bernd promised me to produce a similar handle as the Milk Churn according to my specifications.
The Simpson Milk Churn Brush served as the default:

The Milk Churn form I planned however not in completely white, but as a two-colored handle in tortoise and white with a 24mm D01 three-band knot. The idea of the color design came from my "Americana" Shavemac handle.
Here are the two-coloured plates for the handle and the plates glued afterwards. On two further photos the production of the handle is to be seen beautifully, once of the drilling and turning and the final result of the finished Shavemac Milk Churn.

jaro101969

well i havent found Any shipping prices that are not completely Ridiculous so it looks like im just stuck with a shavemac shedder that i cant use.....oh well

jaro101969

This is not good, I would speak to Bernd and explain the cost/situation.
I have spoken to him and he said look at padded envelope but it still was a lot of money.. I may go back and see again because the postal person wasn't very helpful but it looks like it. Will be cost prohibitive for me to send it back...so it looks like I'm out of luck over it...

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
I have spoken to him and he said look at padded envelope but it still was a lot of money.. I may go back and see again because the postal person wasn't very helpful but it looks like it. Will be cost prohibitive for me to send it back...so it looks like I'm out of luck over it...
How much will it cost to send to Europe from the US? I wouldn't have thought it would be more than $15.00 for a fully tracked service. If so that's not very much to have what will be a new brush if found to be faulty P.

jaro101969

How much will it cost to send to Europe from the US? I wouldn't have thought it would be more than $15.00 for a fully tracked service. If so that's not very much to have what will be a new brush if found to be faulty P.
Every shipping method i have checked quoted like 35 or 40.. I am still looking though for a lower priced method....

jaro101969

Wow that is a lot! I've sent razors to the US from the UK using Royal Mail tracked service and it's never been much more than £12-15..
I hope you can find a cheaper method. P.
Thanks. I know its been crazy because shipping has usually not been that bad for stuff I have dealt with over seas but for some reason to send to him the shipping has been crazy priced.