Show us your pint

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I have all the ingredients now except for the Irish whiskey. I’ll make the Wayleys after New Years. In the meantime I have a rather large bottle of Baileys to tied me over.:cheers:

Reactions: p.b

2LabDad

Forum GOD!
Here goes then,
Two cans of sweetened Condensed milk ( not evaporated)
120ml Double Cream
3 tbs Honey
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp real cocoa powder
2 tsp instant coffee
1 bottle Whiskey, blended is perfect, no point adding anything expensive, it will not improve the taste.
Bung it all in a blender, wizz, decant into bottles, you'll get double the amount of whiskey so you'll need empty two bottles. Leave it to chill overnight, it will need good shake before pouring. Serve over ice and bloody well enjoy. If you make it, please let me know what you think.
Cheers.

Wayne, can you please clarify what kind of "Whiskey" you are referring to please? Here in the States, we have several kinds of "whiskey" - my preference has always been Bourbon Whiskey..... but I'm guessing that is not what you are referring to in your recipe. Thanks in advance.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Wayne, can you please clarify what kind of "Whiskey" you are referring to please? Here in the States, we have several kinds of "whiskey" - my preference has always been Bourbon Whiskey..... but I'm guessing that is not what you are referring to in your recipe. Thanks in advance.
Yeah, certainly. Any basic blended cheap Scotch or Irish Whiskey, Bells, Famous Grouse, Johnny Walker, Whyte and McKay, Jameson. I think Bourbon would be too intrusive on the recipe, you want the background warmth that the Whisley provides but with a bland flavour, so something like Bourbon or a Single peated Malt would have too much flavour. For your Condensed Milk I have had a look online and Eagle Brand would probably be the best for you.
Hope that helps and if you make it, please let me know what you think.

2LabDad

Forum GOD!
Yeah, certainly. Any basic blended cheap Scotch or Irish Whiskey, Bells, Famous Grouse, Johnny Walker, Whyte and McKay, Jameson. I think Bourbon would be too intrusive on the recipe, you want the background warmth that the Whisley provides but with a bland flavour, so something like Bourbon or a Single peated Malt would have too much flavour. For your Condensed Milk I have had a look online and Eagle Brand would probably be the best for you.
Hope that helps and if you make it, please let me know what you think.
Many thanks Wayne! Gonna try a batch or 2 this weekend.

bagman

Coffee drinker
Staff member
This was last night I hasten to add, even I don’t have beer for breakfast :D

I accidentally bought a 10l bag in a box for the weekend on friday. We are very lucky to have 3 microbreweries within about 10 miles that do superb beer. This was a new one on me but is very good, a session bitter at 3.8%
works out at £1.67 a pint for proper pub standard real ale that will last for a week to 10 days (ha ha ha, 3 of us plus friends on Monday)

E0D40BE3-F504-41D3-959D-146A750523D9.jpeg