Shavings best kept secret

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Us shavers make far too much of scent on soaps. It always disappears when rinsed off and is usually, in my case replaced by a EDT or EDP. Soap scent doesn’t last. What does last is the protection it offers from the blade.
I prefer milder soap scents myself, I want to enjoy the scent whilst I’m shaving but don’t want or expect it to be around for long afterwards. I find strongly scented soaps a bit like being yelled at.

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Mine arrived, today. I soon know the performance of this soap, but I'll be brutally honest, it smells very similar to the Salter soap = possible bin.
I was going to buy it until I read that, not that I have a problem with that scent but the Salter soap (and another one which smelt exactly like it) made my face burn.

Us shavers make far too much of scent on soaps. It always disappears when rinsed off and is usually, in my case replaced by a EDT or EDP. Soap scent doesn’t last. What does last is the protection it offers from the blade.
I'm in agreement.

I'm not a big fan of strongly scented soaps, aside from any soap with even the slightest bit of a scent seems to make my face burn I'm not massively enthusiastic about having a strongly scented lather sitting on my face for the duration of my shave.