Shaving my 2 month old quarantine beard

yoshaves

Noob
Sup guys, I just posted my first youtube video. I'm shaving off my 2 month old quarantine beard with a straight razor. I'll be using my trusty Feather Club DX handle with Feather ProGaurd blades. Would appreciate any feedback as this is my first attempt at making a youtube channel. A thumbs up and subscription would mean the world to this new account. I'm going to try to make more vids of me shaving and getting shaved by barbers. Perhaps even do more men's hair grooming content beyond shaving.

Thanks in advance guy.

View: https://youtu.be/HiVaXQmTHBQ

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Good video and a nice shaving technique. The only point I would make is that whether your beard is 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years, it makes no difference to a straight razor which is why they are so much more effective than a guarded razor for removing excess growth.

JamieM

Forum GOD!
You use a very obtuse angle, my angle is much more acute, when I use a straight razor the same applies to the Feather two spine widths, yours looks almost 90 degrees during some of your passes.

yoshaves

Noob
Good video and a nice shaving technique. The only point I would make is that whether your beard is 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years, it makes no difference to a straight razor which is why they are so much more effective than a guarded razor for removing excess growth.
Very true. Ive tried all kinds of other shaves, but I always come back to using the straight razor.

yoshaves

Noob
You use a very obtuse angle, my angle is much more acute, when I use a straight razor the same applies to the Feather two spine widths, yours looks almost 90 degrees during some of your passes.
Yea, in the later passes I get a little obtuse with my angles to get the really short stuff. I end up slashing myself up if I get too acute in the final passes. Luckily the feather blades are crazy sharp so they are still able to give me safe close shave even with the big angle. Thanks for watching the vid!

JamieM

Forum GOD!
I saw your post over on the SRP in the US where I'm a longtime mentor on that forum, I think it was your first post for 11 years, you must have the longest sabbatical in between posts of any member I have known.:)

R181

Grumpy old man
I saw your post over on the SRP in the US where I'm a longtime mentor on that forum, I think it was your first post for 11 years, you must have the longest sabbatical in between posts of any member I have known.:)
Yes, I saw that post on SRP and commented on that in the thread.

Bob