Shavette users: Which blades do you use?

Estariol

Forum GOD!
As much as I enjoy all razors, the shavette is in a class by itself. It provides a wonderful and effective shave being a bare blade for those who only shave occastionally. Hopefully, more members will consider.
With a DE of any brand, i had to shave after at least 3 days, if more often, i'd get weepers on my neck, and was never satisfied with a DE shave as i am with the Feather SS clone. Now i shave every other day and enjoy both the shave and the results.

Estariol

Forum GOD!
Got those, too!
I've started with that one, mainly because those guards are set on a smaller distance to each other. After 4 shaves, i tried the Feather ProGuard and didn't feel much of a difference. But 4 shaves made a significant difference for me.
As i've said before, be careful, light touch, watch the angle, and expect a bloodbath every. single. time. Every result better than that will feel like a success.

Estariol

Forum GOD!
Proshsve S from connaughts.....a strange blade as they are not horrendously sharp....so very forgiving. Less expensive than most .
Hmmm... It comes to the centuries old question of:
not horrendously sharp blade, which means more passes and/or buffing to get a satisfying shave, with less chance for cuts or nicks but a bigger chance of irritation, or a horrendously sharp blade that takes all down with less passes and buffing and almost no chance of irritation...
I'd say, in case of shavettes: the first option is for impatient, shaky or unsteady hands, the latter for the opposite ones... Oh, depends on the skin as well, but...

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
Hmmm... It comes to the centuries old question of:
not horrendously sharp blade, which means more passes and/or buffing to get a satisfying shave, with less chance for cuts or nicks but a bigger chance of irritation, or a horrendously sharp blade that takes all down with less passes and buffing and almost no chance of irritation...
I'd say, in case of shavettes: the first option is for impatient, shaky or unsteady hands, the latter for the opposite ones... Oh, depends on the skin as well, but...
ok....A good starter blade but you may need to move on. I would prefer something which doesn't scare someone off

Estariol

Forum GOD!
Well... Being scared is on an individual level, i. e. i'm more afraid to try unknown blades.
I'm very aware of the consequences of not respecting the blade, and being cavalier with the speed. I'll stick with what I've got a pray to the shaving gods that all goes well.
A message from Yoda:
A report you must write here, young padawan.

P. S. I ain't Yoda, i'm just Estariol... :cheers:

Last edited:

Geordieboy

Über Member
Question time: No one has opined on the correct angle to use. Do I lay the blade flat against my skin, or used a very, very shallow angle? :eek: