Shavemac classification

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
After some thought, I went ahead and ordered 26/54 bulb silvertip.
Now looking forward to my birthday shave with the new brush.
Let us know how it turns out I tend to go higher if looking at 3 bands, but would go for your selection with a 2 band silvertip.

thehaverl

Forum GOD!
A few months after my birthday with my first Shavemac 26/54, normal silvertip.

The first shave, i soaked the brush for 10 minutes or so.
No scritch whatsoever, off to good start.
The feeling on the brush, oh my, blown out of the water of my other brushes.
So much better, huge quality.
Wow! So happy, well worth the purchase and the money spent.

This is my review, a few months later, after several uses.

Phil_D

Excellent write up! I’m currently looking for a ‘forever’ brush and weighing up different options.
I originally began looking at Simpson’s brushes but, having done some homework, have read that a lot have been underwhelmed by their performance.
Shavemacs however, seem to only be getting positive reviews!
I favour face lathering and, from reading above, I’m considering whether a 26mm 2 band Silvertip Fan would be the best way to go? As far as loft goes though, I’m now lost!
Any advice anyone could give would be greatly appreciated! 😊

p.b

Forum GOD!
Excellent write up! I’m currently looking for a ‘forever’ brush and weighing up different options.
I originally began looking at Simpson’s brushes but, having done some homework, have read that a lot have been underwhelmed by their performance.
I favour face lathering and, from reading above, I’m considering whether a 26mm 2 band Silvertip Fan would be the best way to go? As far as loft goes though, I’m now lost!
52mm.
54mm if you want a softer, plusher feel
50mm if you want a scrubbier feel

Personally, I think 52mm is the sweet spot and that you've chosen the best hair too.

Ventastic

Veteran
Good choice. Loft either 50 or 52mm. I have a 25/50 and sometimes wish it was slightly bigger. 26/50 sounds about perfect.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Now for something completely different: My latest shavemac 2-band is fan-shape and measures 22X54. It’s the first 2-band knot that I’ve liked because it doesn’t feel like a brick of badger.