Pass Around Seygus Zeppelin

bagman

Coffee drinker
Staff member
QUOTE="Rowlers, post: 324401, member: 4"]Any news @bagman Harvey?[/QUOTE]

Sorry work has been manic!!!

I’ve used it all week and am ready to pass it on to Stonec0ld?

Lovely bag, I need one of these for all my razors so several cows would need to be sacrificed :D

My first shave was using both sides and I could definitely feel the difference with the scalloped side having more blade feel and actually being a bit uncomfortable (I didn’t checkup prior to shaving which was which)

I didn’t like the handle at all and used the one from my Gamechanger the rest of the week.

I’ve had two shaves with each side now and definitely prefer the smaller blade gap. Using the scalloped bar actually hurt a couple of times and I thought I was going to have cuts but only got one tiny cut all week, very odd?

The smaller blade gap gave a comfortable reasonable DFS but with more alum block feedback than either my .84 GH or new 3one6

Thanks very much for the opportunity to try but won’t fork out for one

bagman

Coffee drinker
Staff member

Sorry work has been manic!!!

[/QUOTE]

Hey! don't bring me into it, Harvey :laugh:[/QUOTE]

:laugh: :notworthy:

Barry1963

Easily Led
Afternoon Gents,

Please excuse the lack of communication over the last couple of weeks. I was at the Old Bailey for three weeks (as a juror before any of you jump to conclusions) and, as I'm sure you can imagine, I've been trying to catch up at work ever since. I hate emails.

I had five shaves with the Seygus and I must say, it's a razor I like a lot. I don't have the technical knowledge of some of you guys and so I tend to judge a razor purely on how much I enjoy using it, and on whether it achieves a simple objective - namely, a comfortable and efficient shave. The Seygus certainly provided a comfortable shave. I like the weight of the razor and it always felt well balanced. I didn't have to think about the handle at all during the shaves which suggests it was perfectly fine for me. Combined with a Polsilver Super Iridium the shaves were extremely smooth. I found the razor efficient enough. I tend to shave early in the morning before work and require a minimum of a DFS in two passes. I achieved this in some comfort with the Seygus. I didn't notice much of a difference between the two blade gaps during shaves, but I would say that there was certainly more noticeable stubble after eight hours when using the 0.5 side of the head.

So in conclusion, the Seygus Zeppelin is a well-made, comfortable to use and reasonably efficient razor. I like it. But I do have razors which are equally as comfortable to use as the Seygus, but which are more efficient. So although I enjoyed using the Zeppelin, I won't be buying one.

Many thanks to @Rowlers for allowing me to take part in the pass around.

Is it @slapo up next? If you could PM me I'll get the razor off to you either tomorrow or on Monday.

slapo

It's... alive!
Afternoon Gents,

Please excuse the lack of communication over the last couple of weeks. I was at the Old Bailey for three weeks (as a juror before any of you jump to conclusions) and, as I'm sure you can imagine, I've been trying to catch up at work ever since. I hate emails.

I had five shaves with the Seygus and I must say, it's a razor I like a lot. I don't have the technical knowledge of some of you guys and so I tend to judge a razor purely on how much I enjoy using it, and on whether it achieves a simple objective - namely, a comfortable and efficient shave. The Seygus certainly provided a comfortable shave. I like the weight of the razor and it always felt well balanced. I didn't have to think about the handle at all during the shaves which suggests it was perfectly fine for me. Combined with a Polsilver Super Iridium the shaves were extremely smooth. I found the razor efficient enough. I tend to shave early in the morning before work and require a minimum of a DFS in two passes. I achieved this in some comfort with the Seygus. I didn't notice much of a difference between the two blade gaps during shaves, but I would say that there was certainly more noticeable stubble after eight hours when using the 0.5 side of the head.

So in conclusion, the Seygus Zeppelin is a well-made, comfortable to use and reasonably efficient razor. I like it. But I do have razors which are equally as comfortable to use as the Seygus, but which are more efficient. So although I enjoyed using the Zeppelin, I won't be buying one.

Many thanks to @Rowlers for allowing me to take part in the pass around.

Is it @slapo up next? If you could PM me I'll get the razor off to you either tomorrow or on Monday.
PM sent. Thank you kindly. :)

slapo

It's... alive!
Razor received, thanks @Barry1963 . :)
Pretty razor, this one.
The way it clamps the blade is quite interesting and not just due to the shape, but also due to how it seemingly clamps the blade a bit less in the middle. I think I might've found its purpose. During the shave, I tilted the razor to a daft angle during a pass just above my top lip. I felt the drag of the blade on my skin. I expected the Kai to draw blood. None showed.
The 0.7mm side mowed down 5 or 6 days of growth with little trouble. Maybe the Biotique Bio Palmyra helped. The 0.5 mm side felt nicer on the skin after the first pass with the 0.7mm side, but it wasn't quite as efficient. The 0.7mm side felt a touch too aggressive on the second pass, but maybe I'll get used to it. I tried riding the top cap like I would've with the Baby Smooth and it was still a very pleasant shave. DFS to BBS.
Looking forward to another shave, although it might be a few days before that. Work's rather intense now.

I haven't used my excessive stores of Barbus because I felt like using something else, and this soap is the only other one I have, other than the Blades Grim Smolder, which I really don't like the smell of, way too sweet for me (would PIF, if anyone's interested).

Rasatura Bagnata

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•
Although I am not in the pass around, I did purchase a Zeppelin with .07/.09 gap as a result of this thread. I wonder if others here might feel the way I do about it in regards to my findings? I like the "crowned" blade when it comes to the hollow areas of my face, such as my neck areas, but do not like it when shaving pronounced areas such as my jawline or cleaning up my sideburns. I wish the Zeppelin had one side crowned and other side like a standard DE—a hybrid if you will. This would allow me to comfortably shave all the areas of my face. What do others think?

slapo

It's... alive!
I did find shaving my more angular features a bit less nice than the flatter surfaces, but I reckon it's due to my inexperience. I do wonder if having the blade bent more, like in the Ascension DOC/Baby Smooth/Merkur 45.
@Rasatura Bagnata, do you have the Baby Smooth, by any chance? To me, the best angle was as with that razor, where I practically wasn't using the safety bar because of the sweet top cap ride.