Semogue OC Silvertip brush

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
Can anybody confirm that the brush being sold from The English Shaving Company is actually a Silvertip brush, it's listed as one but in the discription it goes on to say filled with finest badger hair!! Thank you .P.

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
Can anybody confirm that the brush being sold from The English Shaving Company is actually a Silvertip brush, it's listed as one but in the discription it goes on to say filled with finest badger hair!! Thank you .P.
...there is no listing for a SOC Silvertip on VINTAGE SCENTS website and they appear to catalogue all the models that are available and many of the special editions previously made. Although not definitive I am guessing the SOC's on ESC's website are standard 2b...

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
...there is no listing for a SOC Silvertip on VINTAGE SCENTS website and they appear to catalogue all the models that are available and many of the special editions previously made. Although not definitive I am guessing the SOC's on ESC's website are standard 2b...
Thank you for your response , that's a little bit naughty of them, it clearly states it's a Silvertip brush! I have shot off an email to them to ask them to explain themselves. P.

Boycie83

Space Cadet
The Semogue Silvertips come in either the 730 or 2015 versions with High Density (HD) options also available. Looks like the SOC badgers are finest grade rather than Silvertip but are from the Meles Meles badger (apparently that's a good badger type?).

If you're after a Semogue Silvertip and wooden handle, you'll want the 2015. After some research I settled on the 730 HD which is the same knot in the 2015 HD. Just made my first lather with it and I really like it.

General consensus is the Semogue HD Silvertip knots are much better than their standard density counterparts but it still has more 'flop' than a Duke 2 as an example. Personally, I like this but appreciate some may not (or knot..... Badum Tish!).

R181

Grumpy old man
I believe the difference between 2 ban finest and silvertip is basically how the hair tips are treated. Silver tips are chemically treated to be whiter and softer. To me the difference in minimal in use. On the other hand, I could easily be wrong.

Bob

Retroman_1979

I have 2 soc boar and badly want an soc badger. I found the best price for me in canada was the portuguese factory. Good price and very fast delivery for someone in canada