Seduced on first use

Wayne

Forum Sod
Have you ever been seduced on first use by a razor, bought it only then to realise a few uses down the line that it actually isn't as good as you first thought and your others are just as good and maybe you didn't need it after all?
Sorry for the long question, I have just found myself in a simlar position with the excellent blackland Vector. I was lucky to have one loaned to me by @Boru62. Thank you mate.
First shave was nice and the love hearts started circling above my head, on the second I immediately fell head over heels and decided I had to get one. Well the Vector is now packed and ready to go back to it's rightful owner and when I shaved I used my only SE, the Mongoose, it's the only one I have wanted. On reflection and upon feeling my face after the shave the Mongoose is just as good and has produced as good a shave as the Vector, thus I find I do not need another SE after all, nice as the vector is and it really is, it isn't in reality going to add much to my shaving over the Mongoose.
Have you ever had the same experience?

Last edited:

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
It’s why I don’t like to comment on a new razor for a few days normally and also try to use it continuously for a while. Last time was with a Tech, put a longer handle on it and raved about it. After that it was s***

neko

Drinking a nice cup of tea
Jurgen Hempel titanium handles.... after 9 years of wet shaving I finally have tried the best.

Do not wait.

neko

Drinking a nice cup of tea
I don’t think you got the point of the post Neko my friend. :happy:
I experienced exactly the same situation as you with the Mongoose > the Vector.

btw the Mongoose is even better with a Jurgen Hempel handle :wink:

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
I think there's probably 5% difference in the hardware we use once we're in the right ballpark.

There's probably 80% difference in the emotional response we have to things in our life......

If there's any mathematical formula around all this I certainly don't know what it is.

Last edited:

Dule083

Forum GOD!
I think all of us, simply we try to justify all money and time spend to buy out razors. In the end when head was cooled we realise reality