Seborrheic dermatitis

pearse85

Forum GOD!
Anyone else suffer this?
I take red flaky patches in my head at times but also take them around my moustache and chin when stressed out, sick using ointments my gp has prescribed as they arent really working anymore, anyone here suffer? What do you use? Something more natural?

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I was diagnosed as suffering from it 33 years ago and during that time I have tried numerous different products.

Only two things have really worked:

1) Ketaconazole shampoo (which I was first prescribed when my diagnosis was first made and no other shampoo comes close to in terms of efficiency).

2) A good quality, glycerin rich, facial moisturiser such as Aveeno cream (which works better for me than Isogel, Diporobase, Doublebase or Ketaconazole cream).

Unfortunately, I’ve never found any more natural product to make any difference to the condition I’m afraid.

pearse85

Forum GOD!
I was diagnosed as suffering from it 33 years ago and during that time I have tried numerous different products.

Only two things have really worked:

1) Ketaconazole shampoo (which I was first prescribed when my diagnosis was first made and no other shampoo comes close to in terms of efficiency).

2) A good quality, glycerin rich, facial moisturiser such as Aveeno cream (which works better for me than Isogel, Diporobase, Doublebase or Ketaconazole cream).
I have tried all those, the only one i dont react to is doublebase but i dont find it great sadly as im still having flare ups.

pearse85

Forum GOD!
Im thinking a better skincare regime, wash evenings with a soap proven to fight flare ups, followed by la roche posum.

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I have tried all those, the only one i dont react to is doublebase but i dont find it great sadly as im still having flare ups.
Doublebase won’t treat the condition as such; it just provides a means of helping keep moisture in the skin.

I used to find that Coal Tar shampoo would help in the same way that Ketoconazole shampoo does. My skin has got considerably drier over the years as a result of using them and I honestly can’t say that I’ve ever truly been symptom free for more than a few days at a time.

I have found that shaving my head has proved useful and I need to keep my goatee relatively short also.

ajc347

Forum GOD!
Im thinking a better skincare regime, wash evenings with a soap proven to fight flare ups, followed by la roche posum.
If you do manage to find a soap and moisturiser combination that works for you mate please let me know as I’ll definitely give it a try myself. 👍

junipertar

Forum GOD!
Keep your diet in check; cut out all sugar, junk, hot spices, processed food & allergens (gluten) if possible. Eat more pre & probiotic natural foods, homemade yogurt, sauerkraut etc, supplementation could also help. Wash your hair with sodium bicarbonate.

Pattorashu

Senior Moment
My sister suffers from pretty bad eczema, and she's had good luck with goats milk soap. Eucerin and Aveeno are her go to creams.