Schick Proline Type P -Longevity.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Until quite recently I have been binning my Type P Proline blades at 8 uses. As A matter of interest kept one going in an ATT SE1 and had a great Shave on a 12th outing. Today, I had a splendid Shave with a Mongoose with the blade on its 9th use,and it feels good for more.

I have a Strong beard and Shave Daily so reckon the Proline is a good blade [ for me ] .How many Shaves do you get with it before it starts to fail.

Kalmageddon

Forum GOD!
I got 3 shaves(used it first time before 3 shaves), it is sharp like on first shave, extremely good for my skin, much better than feather pro/super pro..Will keep you updated.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I think I recall getting well into double figures with one, in a Stainless General, when first discovering them.
Now though I generally bin at 8 or 9.
I think it is worth seeing how far I can push one though; they are definitely last better than a Feather Pro for me though.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I think I recall getting well into double figures with one, in a Stainless General, when first discovering them.
Now though I generally bin at 8 or 9.
I think it is worth seeing how far I can push one though; they are definitely last better than a Feather Pro for me though.
Yes I think in future I will bin at 8 or 9,after pushing this one a bit. At 8/9 uses they are tremendous value for money.

Barry1963

Easily Led
I tend to bin them after 10 shaves. But I’m not sure why to be honest as they show no sign of deterioration at that stage.

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
Around 10 for me. To be honest I think it depends on my razor rotation. If I use a heavy more aggressive razor towards the end of the blade life it gives satisfactory results for longer. If I am using something like the Hawk.....the results may not be so good and the blade is changed sooner

FSword

Forum GOD!
I use them about 10 times. But I think the last ones are not too efficient. Probably 7 - 8 would be optimal.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Around 10 for me. To be honest I think it depends on my razor rotation. If I use a heavy more aggressive razor towards the end of the blade life it gives satisfactory results for longer. If I am using something like the Hawk.....the results may not be so good and the blade is changed sooner
+1. That was exactly what I was thinking yesterday.Mind you I prefer the heavier Razors too.

brothers

Forum GOD!
I have reached the point where I use the General every day now. I went from the Cobra to the Mongoose, the Hawk, and ended up with the best shaves coming from the General. I rated the Feathers and Kai Mild about even. Now I'm using Kai Original Captain and the Schick P blades. Because of the General, I've learned that I can use these blades for weeks before they start causing me trouble. Everyone has their own preferences, but I have been getting pretty good service with the Schick P and the Kai Captains.

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
I have reached the point where I use the General every day now. I went from the Cobra to the Mongoose, the Hawk, and ended up with the best shaves coming from the General. I rated the Feathers and Kai Mild about even. Now I'm using Kai Original Captain and the Schick P blades. Because of the General, I've learned that I can use these blades for weeks before they start causing me trouble. Everyone has their own preferences, but I have been getting pretty good service with the Schick P and the Kai Captains.
A few of us on the forum tried to see how many shaves we could get from a SE blade. I managed to get over 12 shaves with Kai Captains and Kai pinks but only about 10 shaves with the Schick's.Sadly, the feather pro's only lasted 4 or 5 shaves but Like yourself. So I use Schick's and Pinks but like yourself I do tend to use my brass General for the majority of SE shaving.
It is just that good :thumbsup:.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I use a variety of AC/SE Razors and find that with all of them I get really good Shaves when the Blades are on 5/6th use, then they slowly tail off.
I now cease to use them at 8/9, though with a Proline have gone to 12 uses.

Jgreenepa

Forum GOD!
I currently am on shave #27 with my Vector using a Schick Proline blade with no pulling. Blade appears still sharp with each shave. After every shave I remove the blade and clean it. I then palm strop it 10x and flip it for the next shave. I am amazed at the number of shaves I’m getting off this blade. I’ve used Feather Pro and Super AC, KAI Captain and Kai Pinks and have never been able to get beyond 8 or 9 shaves before experiencing pulling and tugging during a shave.

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff