Schick meets Gem MM !!

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I recently read of a chap who tried out a Twin Injector blade in a Gem Micromatic Razor. As in the past I have done the same with a single ,when there was some talk of Gem blades being discontinued, As those Shaves were good, I thought why not try it myself as I was scheduled to be using Injectors with Twin Blades.

So for todays Shave I used a blade ejected from my Schick I1. Just made sure the blade was located in the blade stops and locked firmly in place. I was prepared to use the Schick I1 if problems occurred, but though the blade was on its 9th outing the Shave was very smooth and without any problems I got a Top Notch close all round finish.

IMG_1427.jpg

TobyC

Patriot
I've seen it done, on other forums, never done it myself, does the bottom blade do anything other than act as a spacer to raise the top blade?

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I've seen it done, on other forums, never done it myself, does the bottom blade do anything other than act as a spacer to raise the top blade?
No both blades cut very well, and the finish gained is in fact very good.After all it has been said that a Razor is mainly there to hold a blade!

celestino

Forum GOD!
To be clear, you used a GEM blade and an injector blade, correct? Was the injector blade, on top?

Glad it worked, for you. I may try this, out of curiosity. :)

TobyC

Patriot
To be clear, you used a GEM blade and an injector blade, correct? Was the injector blade, on top?

Glad it worked, for you. I may try this, out of curiosity. :)
Injector blades work in Micromatics, the pieces in the cap that would normally engage the slots on a GEM blade will engage and push on the back edge of the injector blade and push the blade forward into the stops.

TobyC

Patriot
I don't remember the guys name, but he had an Arlo Guthrie avatar at B&B, years ago he was using injector blades in Micromatics, it's pretty much drop in and go.

TobyC

Patriot

MPF9

Forum GOD!
That is a good link to others experiences of trying this.