Scent of the Day

Petronius

Forum GOD!
I’d love to get my hands on a sample of Derby - current or vintage. I think that Harrods and Selfridges stock it, so I know where I’m going when London returns to (the new) normal.
Ben, go for it, although vintage Derby is not available in Harrods or Selfridges. I am in love with vintage Derby (it is in my Top5 overall). Modern is very good but not great, but still worth to try. Also modern version is different scent in comparison with vintage version.

Dr Watson

James
Sure about that? I'd be surprised if they weren't using real oakmoss back then and/or are using it now!
Perhaps but it's very light on oakmoss anyway, the predominant base notes to my nose are some sort of incense and creamy sandalwood. Although I previously likened it to the classic gentleman's chypres that was perhaps a mistake as though there are similarities in the opening, overall it's different enough to stand on its own... overall it's soapier and more floral... Probably less likely to offend modern (young) noses actually which IME seem to struggle with oakmoss.