Scent of the Day

Dr Watson

The Other James
Sure about that? I'd be surprised if they weren't using real oakmoss back then and/or are using it now!
Perhaps but it's very light on oakmoss anyway, the predominant base notes to my nose are some sort of incense and creamy sandalwood. Although I previously likened it to the classic gentleman's chypres that was perhaps a mistake as though there are similarities in the opening, overall it's different enough to stand on its own... overall it's soapier and more floral... Probably less likely to offend modern (young) noses actually which IME seem to struggle with oakmoss.

Dr Watson

The Other James
Funny that this is what you've found. Both me and my better half enjoy oakmoss-laiden fragrances. She'll often comment on how good they smell actually (sub-30 age bracket).
Ah yes but you are no ordinary 20-something, you're a connoisseur and so your good lady has likely been exposed to oakmoss laden frags and developed a taste for it. I'm talking about the plebs who dismiss anything which doesn't smell like calone and macerated fruit as "too mature" :p: