Saturday 8 February - Friday 14 February 2020

Vacumatic

Testy
Pre-shave:- Wrights Coal Tar Soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- None
Br
ush:- Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- Home Brew shaving soap
Razor/Blade:- Wilkinson Classic and Wilkinson 7 o’clock (2)
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix
Fragrance:- Lacoste

2nd shave with Wilkinson Classic and 7 o’clock. Not a fan of the Gillette 7 o’clock permasharp, I find it just plain rough but useable in the Wilkinson Classic, as I have this blade as a pack of 10 I am going to persevere with it.

The home brew shaving soap is a mixture of a grated Palmolive shave stick and a small amount of aerosol shaving gel, mixed together with about 50ml of water, then heated in an oven until it is about 5x the original volume, this settles back a little on cooling. The result is a firm block of shaving soap that works very well indeed. The odd thing is that the volume in the pot doesn’t go down, I have been using this pot for 2 weeks now and the mixture is still full to the brim.

08.02.jpg

SpeedyPC

Forum GOD!
Date:- 08 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #11
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Rochas Man

Pattorashu

Senior Moment
Evening shaving is such a win/win/loss. Can't get too intoxicated before the shave IMO. Well, you probably could, but 😬

Tonight's shave:

Shower, followed by TOBS Sandalwood, Parker black badger, 2.5 pass shave with Schick adjustable injector, Personna blade (shave 4)

Aftershave/shower care was Captain's Choice bay rum balm, and finest powder on the bits and bobs.

9/10 except the left cheek right at the jaw. No matter the technique, razor, or blade there's 1-3 weepers guaranteed for some reason after more than two passes. Though there are a couple razors I will get carried away with no matter the consequences because they're so friggin smooth. (Injector and Lady GIllette, which I did a four pass shave with an Israeli Personna, it just glided and kept cutting hair!)
1581136974931.png

Last edited: