Saturday 29 May - Friday 4 June 2021

Palmolive-Fox

Forum GOD!

SOTD : 29th May 2021.

105.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men ~ Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Organic Aloe Vera Shaving Cream.
Blade : Polsilver Super Iridium. (D1)
Razor : Parker Variant. (settings) 1.5 wtg, 2. xtg , 3. atg + Pickups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB./ Milton-Lloyd ~ no.9 Victor EDP.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start another long bank holiday weekend....maiden shave with the Cella Organic Aloe Vera Shaving Cream. The Verdict?....Let me say that I'm very very, fond of the classic Cella Crema Da Barba (Tallow) with it's wonderful cherry almond fragrance which has always gave me superb acceptable shaving results with no irritation or drying out issues. The Organic Aloe Vera version is a thirsty cream you only need a small almond size amount i to create a good lather. I personally find it to have a better slickness than the Cella Crema Da Barba "which is statement in itself" and the post shave feel is equally as good.

The scent of it i would describe to my nose, as 'light & fresh'.

A wonderful pre-birthday present to myself which i look forward to using again in my future shaves.

The Parker Variant/Polsilver was a superb combo. The Polsilver blades, like the Gillette Sharp Edge. (yellow) feel slightly rough on the first pass, but mellow out after that delivering a smooth sharp performance, cutting through my stubble effortlessly.

A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a few generous squirts of Milton-Lloyd ~ no.9 Victor EDP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.😉

This afternoon i have an appointment for my 2nd Covid-19 vaccine.

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.😎

Martini

Forum GOD!

SOTD with Raw Shaving RS-10 (last shave?)

RS-10 + Viriato.jpg

I had a great shave today, but probably my last with this RS-10 razor. As always it was very nice, smooth and exceptionally comfortable.
However, I decided to move on to other projects and part with this great shaving tool.
Anyone looking for a rare piece of modern luxury high-end razors?

Last edited:

Asfalloth

Legendary Member
Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 29th May 2021

Shave Score 9.8/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower / NIVEA MEN DEEP Anti-Blackhead Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: Goodfellas - Sea Citrus
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: Merkur 500 (4,4,2)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
Post Shave ASL: Goodfellas - Sea Citrus
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Penhaligons - Cairo

Trying out my first goodfellas soap today, picked four up off a forum member, was very good quality, a quick 10 second load up for four face lathers, didn’t have to reload, subtle scent and tons or residual slickness left after each pass.
The ASL was top notch as well, again nice and subtle.

Have a great Saturday all

Joe

F604F98D-3C96-4E00-8B3E-9FC3826B39CF.jpeg