Preshave:
Hot water rinse
Razor: Pal Injectomatic
Blade: Chick (18)
Brush: Yaqi White Knight 24mm Synthetic
Shaving Soap/Cream: Speick
Aftershave Balm: Bulldog Sensitive
Aftershave: Speick

Speick soap whips into slick lather with a refreshing scent. A no fuss shave delivered a bloodless near BBS, 8.5/10 finish, rounded off with Speick AS, a great way to start a Bank Holiday weekend.

Have a good, safe weekend

Regards,
Chris

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
2020-05-23, Saturday

I've always been a distracted guy. Add to that the fact that I'm retired and isolated... ...well, the days are all the same.

And that explains why I've forgotten an important anniversary: 75 years ago my grandfather left Dachau to go home, after acting as interpreter for a War Crimes colonel in interrogating the SS who held the camp.

My granddad was from London, but he lived in Milan working for an Austrian company, Thonet, and
spoke 5 or 6 languages fluently, which saved his skin.
He had been arrested by the Gestapo while carrying a machine gun for the partisans: he looked very distinguished and they thought he was unsuspected. But a check outside a train station led to his capture.

You know I never asked him what he shaved with?

Sapone PS: Valobra Glicerolanolina
Sapone: Freelander, alla rosa
Pennello: Lab. Villefranche, Cucciolino Padouk/Silvertip 24
Rasoio: Maggard, MR 3
Lametta: Gillette, 7 O’Clock, Permasharp Stainless
AS 1: MilMil, Figaro Gel
AS 2: Geo.F.Trumper, Coral Skin Food
EdT: Antica Farmacia La Verna, alla Rosa
ST: Miles Davis, Kind Of Blue 1959
A distinguished gentleman and an amazing history.

Regards,
Chris

p.b

Forum GOD!
2020-05-23, Saturday

I've always been a distracted guy. Add to that the fact that I'm retired and isolated... ...well, the days are all the same.

And that explains why I've forgotten an important anniversary: 75 years ago my grandfather left Dachau to go home, after acting as interpreter for a War Crimes colonel in interrogating the SS who held the camp.

My granddad was from London, but he lived in Milan working for an Austrian company, Thonet, and
spoke 5 or 6 languages fluently, which saved his skin.
He had been arrested by the Gestapo while carrying a machine gun for the partisans: he looked very distinguished and they thought he was unsuspected. But a check outside a train station led to his capture.

You know I never asked him what he shaved with?

Sapone PS: Valobra Glicerolanolina
Sapone: Freelander, alla rosa
Pennello: Lab. Villefranche, Cucciolino Padouk/Silvertip 24
Rasoio: Maggard, MR 3
Lametta: Gillette, 7 O’Clock, Permasharp Stainless
AS 1: MilMil, Figaro Gel
AS 2: Geo.F.Trumper, Coral Skin Food
EdT: Antica Farmacia La Verna, alla Rosa
ST: Miles Davis, Kind Of Blue 1959
Isn't the most pressing question not what he shaved with but what mustache wax he used? :)
A wonderful story. Thank you.

AlfredoT

Forum GOD!
I think he would've been a straight razor shaver...
At that time... I think so too!
My other granddad was a straight razor shaver and my father destroyed his face using it twice: for the first and last time in his life! :D
He said it seemed so easy to use it when watching his father shave! :oops:

But, I am, actually, curious to know which soap, brush, etc he used.
He told me in London, at Dunhill's one could his own pipe mixture made to order: there were many drawers with different kind of tobaccos and it was just matter of smelling and telling the clerk which one and how much to add! :)
Very intriguing...

Last edited:
At that time... I think so too!
My other granddad was a straight razor shaver and my father destroyed his face using it twice: for the first and last time in his life! :D
He said it seems so easy to use it when watching his father shave! :oops:

But, I am, actually, curious to know which soap, brush, etc he used.
He told me in London, at Dunhill's one could his own pipe mixture made to order: there were many drawers with different kind of tobaccos and it was just matter of smelling and telling the clerk which one and how much to add! :)
Very intriguing...
Yes, intriguing indeed! One thing's for sure though, they didn't fart arse around when it came to shaving like we do :D

RussellR5555

Forum GOD!
Saturdays Shave

Preshave: African Black Soap
Razor: Russian 5/8 Straight Razor
Brush: Shavemac 26mm Synthetic
Soap Tcheon Fung Sing Ciotola Rossa
Splash: Speick Active
Balm: Bart's Lime Oil
EDT: Bodyshop Activist

Really impressed with the Tcheon Fun Sing Soap , Produces a wonderful lather and spells Devine (If you like Almonds)

20200522_121454 (1) 2.jpg