Saturday 21 November - Friday 27 November 2020

Boycie83

Space Cadet
2020-11-23, Monday

This is a very special day for me: today I am the same age my father was when he was this age.
And I would like to celebrate, but I never celebrate anything, so I don't know what to do.
A day that started in such a special way, now it's complicated: I'll get over it and face it manly!

A clear and positive note: a very fragrant shave and a very pleasant smoothness.

Sapone PS: Palmolive d'antan
Sapone: Scheermonnik, Delfts Wit
Pennello: R.A. Rooney & Sons Ltd., Style 3, 22 mm
Rasoio: Merkur, progress 500
Lametta: Gillette, 7 O’Clock, Super Stainless
AS 1: MilMil, Figaro Gel
AS 2: MilMil, BeMan, Balsamo Polivalente
EdT: Penhaligon's, Sartorial
ST: Nina Simone, Let It All Out, 1966
Happy birthday!

GSVwetshave

Forum GOD!
2020-11-23, Monday

This is a very special day for me: today I am the same age my father was when he was this age.
And I would like to celebrate, but I never celebrate anything, so I don't know what to do.
A day that started in such a special way, now it's complicated: I'll get over it and face it manly!

A clear and positive note: a very fragrant shave and a very pleasant smoothness.

Happy birthday! 🥂🎉

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
2020-11-23, Monday

Many happy returns! :bravo:

Paul L

Forum GOD!
2020-11-23, Monday

Many Happy Returns, Sergio

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
Razor: Rex Supply Co. Envoy
Blade: Personna Platinum
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Pre Shave: Wickham 1912 Shamrock Tweed Glycerine
Lather: Wickham 1912 Shamrock Tweed
Post Shave: Bull Dog Sensitive ASB
Fragrance: Armaf Tres Nuit

I always swore by an Envoy / Personna Platinum combo in the past but today, even though the blade was new the shave was a little tuggy.
I can't quite nail down what wasn't quite on point here. The end result was totally fine but I had to put in the work for it.
No nicks or irritation & the shave just crept over dfs into low level bbs on the 3rd pass but I had to call time out.
I wont re-use the blade and I will put it down to 'one of them days!'​

Last edited:

AlfredoT

Forum GOD!
Happy Birthday to You

Happy Birthday to You

Happy Birthday Dear Sergio

Happy Birthday to You.

From your good friend in the Netherlands and true,

From old friends and new,

May good luck go with you,

And happiness shaves too.

Think of it what you want. But I'm probably the only one who sang for you today. At least here

So who's your only true Dutch friend ?????​
You are. Indeed!

But it is not my birthday: one per year is enough!

It was just a curious happening... :D

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
2020-11-23, Monday

Since you won’t celebrate or seemed lost on what to do, I shall for you.... :birthday::cheers:
17312CD3-C5C7-4E57-872A-4821977E5F88.gif

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Timeless Slim SS/Bronze OC & Gillette Platinum (2)
Yaqi 28mm Tux Barber Pole
Mama Bears Dolce & Gabbana type soap
Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme a/s Lotion
Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme eau de toilette
D8B98F82-0207-4C98-801A-60431043D2C3.jpeg

Awesome shave between two of Timeless’s most aggressive razors. Ultimately, the SS Slim is the smoother performer with equal shave prowess to the OC Bronze. Magnificent razors they are both but, the Slim is easier to use and slightly better on the face. A wonderful day and shaves to all....

Dr Watson

James
IMG_0344.JPG

Alpha Revolver + AP Cashmere
Mikes Sweet Pumpkin Spice
Blackbird CC
Feather Hi-Stainless
A&E Post-Shave Serum

@RandySp this cashmere knot has more backbone than I thought, definitely not like a wet noodle as previously thought... It's just very soft and plush, wouldn't reach for it every shave but I quite enjoyed it.

Mikes is one of the oldest US artisans and his recipe has stood the test of time, it's still superb and provides one of the shiniest lathers in the business. Only negative is lack of residual slickness compared to the latest stuff but hardly a deal breaker considering the low price this soap sell for.

Feather blade in the Blackbird was probably the best yet, definitely an upgrade over the Gillette Platinum I was using.

A&E serum continues to impress, smells rank but my skin is looking better than ever.

D

Deleted member 1881

View attachment 80676

Alpha Revolver + AP Cashmere
Mikes Sweet Pumpkin Spice
Blackbird CC
Feather Hi-Stainless
A&E Post-Shave Serum

@RandySp this cashmere knot has more backbone than I thought, definitely not like a wet noodle as previously thought... It's just very soft and plush, wouldn't reach for it every shave but I quite enjoyed it.

Mikes is one of the oldest US artisans and his recipe has stood the test of time, it's still superb and provides one of the shiniest lathers in the business. Only negative is lack of residual slickness compared to the latest stuff but hardly a deal breaker considering the low price this soap sell for.

Feather blade in the Blackbird was probably the best yet, definitely an upgrade over the Gillette Platinum I was using.

A&E serum continues to impress, smells rank but my skin is looking better than ever.
Will grab a Mike's. What about lather density?

Indeed the brush seems to have backbone!