Strop Martin J. Rubin 4601 New York
Brush Semogue TSN LE Boar
Martin de Candre Rose
Neal’s Yard Rose And Mallow Moisturiser

Jo Malone Tuberose Angelica Cologne Intense

CRISANTO

Forum GOD!
Thuesday, February 23, 2021.

Floid oil pre shave. The Los Angeles Shaving Company, Bespoke #1. Simpson chubby 2 best badger. Thiers Issard, 69, Medaille argi, carbon steel, 6/8. Green Vetiver lotion aftershave. Eufros, vetiver de Haiti, balsamo aftershave. Karl Lagerfeld Bois de Vétiver, EdT.

B2728D2C-A742-4D77-99FB-7DD66AC891F5.jpeg

TomG

Forum GOD!

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip
Soap: Wickham Club Cola
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Silver (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Floid Mentally Vigorous Aftershave Splash
Scent: Amouage Epic Man

Three passes and a few touch-ups for a BBS result. Wickham Club Cola is one of my favourite scents. The soap lathers easily and produces good quality lather, although for me it lacks a little residual slickness.

I've approximately doubled the menthol kick in the Floid aftershave via addition of menthol crystals - very handy during hot days (38C in Perth today).
The bottle is getting pretty low, but reinforcements have arrived.

Palmolive-Fox

Forum GOD!

SOTD : 23rd February 2021.

51.jpg
[

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Vie-Long Horsehair.
Face Lather.
Lather : La Toja Shave Stick.
Blade: Personna Gem modified PTFE. (2)
Razor: Valet ~ Auto Strop VC1.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./La Toja ASL/ Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

My intention this morning was to carry on and use my Ever-ready 1924 'Shovelhead' but disaster struck!!...After loading the blade and closing the top cap, the razor head welding mount broke off the handle mounting...I consider this 'a blessing in disguise' as this could have happened in the middle of my shave which could have resulted in me getting a nasty bite!. Enough said... At least i still have my much loved 1912's & 1914..I now have a spare handle for my 1912's.

To carry on i used my Valet Auto Strop VC1 which was a wonderful replacement to keep my vintage SE razor week in the same theme.

Out of all my vintage SE razors the valet auto strop VC1 i find the mildest but if i was to choose just one vintage SE razor, then my much loved VC1 would be a very strong favourite along with my ER 1912(UK). From my maiden shave i found my shaving angle after a few seconds and was instantly in charge and at ease with this vintage lady...However i have said this many times, like any other razor i shave with either vintage, modern, aggressive or non-aggressive is worthy of no pressure and much respect and consideration if not, then it will bite!

Another effortless 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report. Everything in my shave set up worked together superbly considering the circumstances...

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.😉

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.😎

Last edited:

Paul L

Forum GOD!
Monday 22nd Feb

• Hawkins & Brimble
• YaqI Purple Haze Mew Brown
• RazoRock Hawk V3-A
• Kai Pink (1)
• Nivea Sensitive Balm

While latherIng I thought to myself that I had only used this shave cream once before, and wondered why? - The penny dropped after the first rinse - because it irritates the shit out of my skin ! It now resides in the bin !
I can see why Kai Pink are called Mild - very smooth and comfortable.

Asfalloth

Legendary Member
Todays Shave Kit Tuesday 23rd Feb 2021

Shave Score 9.85/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: OSP - Old Gold Shaving Soap
Brush: Clear Confidence Co Synthetic Shaving Brush - Vegan-Friendly
Razor: Merkur Progress 500 (2.5, 2.0, 2.0)
Blade: Gillete Super Blue (1)
Post Shave: OSP - Old Gold After Shave
Post Shave Balm: Proraso Aftershave Balm White

Nice BBS shave today, great using the Merkur with the correct number showing :)

Have a great day everyone.

Joe

IMG_0588.jpeg

Scorpio93

Forum GOD!
IMG_20210222_234320.jpg

Pre: hot shower
Razor: Gillette super adjustable black beauty (or at least I think it's that) - set to 3
Blade: astra SP (1)
Soap : Wickham apricus
Brush: omega 49 professional boar

DFS - few spots that I could improve a bit on but overall a good shave . First time with this razor - enjoyed using it. Used astra SP since I'm already familiar with it.
Soap lathered beautifully and smells so good so that's always a bonus!
No nicks or weepers and only slightest feedback from alum . Finished it off with pinaud clubman and balmed up with joop, since the smell was quite similar :)

Note taken of the razor, maybe I'll end up bagging one for myself at some point