Saturday 17 October - Friday 23 October 2020

AlfredoT

Forum GOD!
2020-10-23, Friday

I bought myself a mask that seems to offer more protection: now I look like Donald Duck with a crooked beak!
I hope that it doesn't affect my sex appeal!

I got a soap that I used many years ago, but of which I don't remember anything, not even the taste that I chose.
But in those days I didn't even know vetiver.
Declaration, this one, rather risky for a fragrance that is declined in many different ways and I, so far, only appreciate two only in a couple of EdTs I have.
All the other ones I smelled do not suit me at all...

The soap has retained its scent which, however, I feel rather sweet: too bad!
I would like to re-fragrance it, but I don't have the slightest idea which EO to choose.

But it is a mild fragrance, perhaps for age reasons.
Performance wise, it hasn’t altered my biorhythms, but I must, of course, try it again.

I made up for fragrance i like with AS and EtD.

I imagine that the most attentive of you have noticed the stylistic evolution of my photo: today, the razor rests on the soap bowl and not on the inner sill: I have to accurately the stylistic impact...

Sapone PS: Valobra Mandorla
Sapone: Pannacrema, Vetiver
Pennello: R.A. Rooney & Sons Ltd., Style 3, 22 mm
Rasoio: Gillette, Slim Adjustable, 1961 G4
Lametta: Gillette, 7 O’Clock, Super Stainless
AS 1: Gandini, Vetiver
AS 2: MilMil, BeMan, Balsamo Polivalente
EdT: Gandini, Vetiver
ST: Jennifer Rush

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
Razor: King C. Gillette
Blade: King C. Gillette
Brush: No Brush!
Pre Shave: King C. Gillette Beard & Face Wash
Lather: King C. Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Post Shave: Bull Dog Sensitive Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: Armaf Legesi

20201023_142347.jpg

Kind of a novelty (transparent gel) but a 3 pass DFS++ all the same. Nice scented software & smooth and safe hardware.​

Last edited:

wimmie

Wim
Sorry to disappoint, Wim, but we're uneasy about posting family photos on social media, expecially of others' children. I'll have to beg for your understanding and ask you to trust me when I say he's a lovely little lad. Looking forward to meeting him for the first time later today. :dance:

Regards,
Chris
Chris,

No, it was my mistake to ask.

You are absolutely right that kind of photos are private and are not to be shared on social media in any form.

Please believe me that the question was out of sincere interest and without any ulterior motives.

And of course I believe you when you say that "he's a lovely little lad"

it's not like you're prejudiced !!!!(just kidding)

Again congratulations and enjoy my friend.

Wim

Randomangle

Über Bum
To answer the first part of your question, no, I do not think so.
The Kosmo brush shown carries a 21mm dia. STF2 knot, i.e. 'M' size.

I did own 21mm dia. synthetic knot brushes from Muehle before, but that was many years back, this is why I said "...I do not think so..."

In the last 3-4 years I went 'big size brush' completely, i.e. 26mm dia. knots and above, and to this respect I had a number of fine copies of EJ/Muehle 'XL' 25mm dia. synthetic knot.

In 2019-2020 I sold all of these and surprisingly enough I switch back to 'M' size on this particular manufacturer, i.e. EJ/Muehle.
Reason being I do tend to find the splay of these much better, simpler, easier to work with while loading the soap or while face lathering.
The disadvantage with these (for me) is the kind of smallish handle size, as I have big hands - but I have adjusted my style.

So a month back I purchased an EJ Chatsworth 21mm dia. STF2 (faux ivory handle, brush weighs a little bit more than 60gr.)
It worked excellently, so after a bit of thinking and market research last week I purchased this Kosmo.
It is same knot size (21mm dia., 'M'), it is screwed in (i.e. the knot can be taken out completely and you can screw in a Muehle badger 21mm dia. knot).

This Kosmo bog oak weighs 84gr.
I do mention the respective weights because this is a parameter which does make a difference for some (alongside with handle height, etc. of course.

Loft is roughly the same, i.e. may be the EJ has around 53mm loft, while the Muehle is 53.5mm.
But what I was not expecting is that the Muehle knot is more fan-shaped and opens up/splays not as easily, while the EJ knot is clearly bulb shaped and opens up/splays very naturally.

But yes, due to this difference in bulb/fan shape, the Kosmo brush does (at present) appear to be slighly floppier than the EJ brush.

I do have another EJ Chatsworth 21mm 'M' incoming (pre-owned, with metal handle) so I am eager to see how that one compares with both of the above.
Thank you, I was not expecting such an in depth answer to my question! :notworthy:

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Fri 23rd October

Muhle Silvertip S 21mm
Haslinger Honig
RR S/S Hawk V3- A Plate
Schick Proline ( 6 )
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

Though a comparative new addition to my AC/SE collection, the Hawk V3 is one of my favourites. It really does deliver a Top Notch Shave without any hassle.

IMG_1136.jpg

Last edited: