Vitos Pre Shave Cream
P&B Sanskrit Shaving Soap
Vulfix 'Hyde Park' Badger Brush
Schick/Eversharp Hydro-magic I1 with a Schick Twin
Alum
Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber
MWF Moisturiser
Javanol (Molecule 04) EDP

I loaded the blade into this razor 2 years ago and have had only a handful of shaves with it as it feels strange using a twin blade in what is to me ......a single blade razor!
The 2 passes gave a really superb result. (I know it was 2 years as the first time I used it was the weekend my wife and I got engaged!)

Jrzy_Hillbilly

Über Member
Friday NOvember 22

No Repeat (mostly) NOvember. No repeats so far except for scuttle, blades, and alum. Up today, one of my Heljestrand lather catchers with a Heljestrand wedge blade.

Bowl/Scuttle - GP12
Soap - Barristers Reserve Cool
Brush - ThatDarnRob 26mm
Blade - CV Heljestrand Wedge (3)
Razor - CV Heljestrand lather catcher
Post Shave - OSMA Pierre alum, Barristers Reserve Cool A/S

Shave rating 4.5 of 5

It was a tale of two passes. Didn't shave yesterday so shaving on 2 days growth. First pass WTG felt like I was pulling each whisker out. Thought I would have to stop and switch razors and blades. Finished the first pass and my face still felt like 60 grit sandpaper. I don't know why but decided to keep using razor and blade for 2nd pass. Relathered and did 2nd pass ATG and what a difference. This pass was smooth and everything was cut except my face. Finished the 2 passes DFS+. Maybe the blade could use a touch up on the 20k hone but it really shouldn't after 3 shaves. Anyway, love the scent of this soap and A/S but for some reason, I don't use it much. I thought the alum would be vocal but it was surprisingly silent. As noted, the A/S smells nice.

Happy NOvember and great shaves everyone.
IMG_1116.jpeg

AlfredoT

Forum GOD!
2019-11-23, Saturday

A Delfts Wit and Chet Baker day although, when I was in the bathroom, a little too bright.
But it was a superb shave, fully enjoyed.
Finally!
The music, the fragrance of soap, the sound of wind and rain ... all perfect!

Then I went out to shop for tea and to look for more vivid colored underpants for my phone, but it has strange dimensions (not as much as the name of the brand, though: Umidigi!) now they are black and I struggle to find the Intelligent Communicator when it gets lost!
Which happens with disconcerting frequency...

Sapone PS: Valobra Glicerolanolina
Sapone: Scheermonnik, Delfts Wit
Pennello: Lab. Villefranche, The Fridge, Tigrano/Finest 24
Rasoio: Gillette, Rocket
Lametta: Feather
AS: Lab. Lirici, Irish
ST: Chet Baker, Strollin'

Jgreenepa

Forum GOD!
View attachment 58502

Razor: ABC 1910 Empire(Gold) B321627
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge Yellow
Brush: 1905 Horn & Bone 16mm Finest TGN
Pre-Shave: Georgetown Pottery G12 Scuttle
Lather: ToOBS Royal Forest
Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man AS Splash
Additional Care:
Creed Aventus EDP
Gorgeous razor, Rev! Could you tell me a bit about it?

Rev 579

Über Member
Gorgeous razor, Rev! Could you tell me a bit about it?
The shave was nice. ToOBS RF is a dupe of Aventus by Creed, as is Stirling's EM. Gillette's Empire Pocket Edition was one of the sets Gillette released in May 1909. It was their introduction of 3-piece razors. The razors were plated in gold or silver. The cases were gold, silver, or gunmetal(black nickel). Further, these sets were made by the American Button Company(ABC).
1909 05 01 SEP p25-Pocket ed Announcement copy.jpg

There are a few versions of the case style, identified primarily by latch-type, as the case design evolved over the years(last pocket edition set was identified as roughly 1936).
This one, however is from 1910. Here is a page from the 1909 catalog, courtesy of Razor Emporium's "archives".
Page 10.jpg

Jgreenepa

Forum GOD!
The shave was nice. ToOBS RF is a dupe of Aventus by Creed, as is Stirling's EM. Gillette's Empire Pocket Edition was one of the sets Gillette released in May 1909. It was their introduction of 3-piece razors. The razors were plated in gold or silver. The cases were gold, silver, or gunmetal(black nickel). Further, these sets were made by the American Button Company(ABC).
View attachment 58570

There are a few versions of the case style, identified primarily by latch-type, as the case design evolved over the years(last pocket edition set was identified as roughly 1936).
This one, however is from 1910. Here is a page from the 1909 catalog, courtesy of Razor Emporium's "archives".
View attachment 58571
Thank you for educating me! It’s really a beautiful set, really breathtaking! Thanks for sharing your knowledge! Much appreciated.