Hello everybody!

My shave for Good Friday:

Clean & Clear Facial Wash
Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
Wilkinson Long Handle/Rapira day 2
La Toja Shaving Stick
Fino ASB
Hega AS Splash

Smooth as a baby’s little tukhis after this great two pass shave. I can’t believe how much I’m enjoying this Wilkinson long handle razor and how fantastically it performs. The La Toja stick has such a beautiful scent, it lathers so easily, and it’s very skin friendly. The Fino balm felt so good when I massaged it on and the Hega aftershave was a perfect finish.

Enjoy the long Easter weekend!

Electrif

SE la vie
Happy Birthday, Arthur

View attachment 46633
Happy Birthday to you Arthur, a beautiful day for it, you're blessed :) P.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Arthur !!:birthday::cheers:
They must be Cadbury's mini eggs? Not had them in years..have a great day!
Many happy returns, Arthur. :cheers:
Have a great Birthday and a wonderful Easter weekend Arthur.
@Electrif wishing you a happy birthday
Happy Birthday Arthur. Wishing you a fantastic day. :)

Happy Birthday ! Have a good one.
Happy Birthday!
Many happy returns, Arthur.
Slainte Mhath :cheers:
Happy Birthday Arthur!
Happy Birthday, Arthur!
Happy Birthday :birthday:
Hi Arthur, wishing you a happy birthday and a wonderful day.
Happy Birthday Arthur :birthday:
Have a good Day and nice Weekend.
Mike
@Electrif

Have a good one my friend!
Thanks for all the good wishes. They are gratefully received.

ChrisVanMeer

theshavingdutchman
SOTD - Friday 19 April 2019

• Straight Razor: Candidius - Favoriet
  • Shaving Brush: Lutin Brushworks - Williams Lightning - 25mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Dolomiti - Beta 4.0
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Dolomiti - Balm

Ram57

Forum GOD!

Friday SOTD

Razor: RazoRock Baby Smooth
Blade: SuperMax SP Tiger (D4)
Brush: EJ XL Horn Silvertip Fibre
Bowl: Supply Provision Marble 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Sandalwood Fig Musk
Aftershave: Fine Santal Absolut

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Fri 19th April

RazoRock Syn 24mm
P & B Pall Mall
ATT SE1 / Windrose Handle
Schick Proline [ 3 ]
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

The anticipated mishap occurred today, having had so many trouble free Shaves recently it just had to be with one of my favourite Razors. Just got a bit keen working ATG on the edge of the cheek/upper lip. Fortunately the weeper was stopped very easily with an application of alum.
Other than that bit of operator error, the rest of the Shave went well, with the kind of quality finish that i normally get with the ATT SE1.

IMG_0447.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1881

Afraid so Randy, on one hand I am not very fussy... I can shave with Arko no problem but when it comes to premium priced artisan products I will judge them accordingly. Forget the pretty packaging, for this soap based purely on scent quality and performance I would pay no more for it than a tub of TOBS cream, I have never tried WK so cannot comment on that but I would certainly put M&M behind both B&M and NO in shave performance and scent quality.

Extro is the superior product for me, I've been using it almost exclusively for six weeks or so... Residual slickness is the best I've found and post shave my skin is perfect, I initially found it hard to believe this stuff is tallow free.
Im not an enabler but please do me a favour and try a WK Donkey and tell me if you can.

Mmmm I can easily find Extro soap and the price is not bad at all. You load from the puck?

TomG

Forum GOD!

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: APR Winterfell
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (1)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: APR Ozymandias EdP

Probably my best shave of the year so far. Five days of stubble was mowed down with ruthless efficiency by the Blackbird/Vintage Personna combo. And oh so comfortable.
Whilst I don't have too much luck with aggressive razors, the Blackbird suits my face perfectly, allowing DFS+ shaves with two passes, and BBS with a third.
All helped along by the excellent Australian Private Reserve soap. As advised by the maker, the V2 soap base is significantly thirstier than the first variant, and once you have found the sweet spot, it offers superb performance. The Winterfell scent was a nice match for the cooler autumn weather that has arrived in Perth for Easter, and also worked well with the Ozymandias EdP.

Acer89

James
SOTD 19th April
Cyril R. Salter Soap (Tallow)
O Type Clone Injector - Schick B-20
Andreas Tsironis - Briar and Olive Wood Silvertip 26/53
DSC_5887a.jpg

Easter greetings to everyone.
My Cyril R. Salter Soap has been through the cheese grater and found a new home in a nice ceramic pate dish currently on offer at Lidl. :D

DSC_5869.jpg

Last edited: