Saturday 13 June - Friday 19 June 2020

p.b

Forum GOD!
If you find the depth of the handle opening too deep, you can always use something like coins or plastic washers to elevate the height of the knot depending on how much backbone you want. I have a few Chubby 2 synthetics, one at 48mm (synthetic badger) and another at 52-53mm (synthetic bristle) and they differ, quite a bit, especially, the original Synthetic Bristle knots which I prefer, for some reason.
Good luck.
I was thinking the other way around: I think the knot will be too long / tall for the handle I was hoping to use.

Kevy

Forum GOD!
IMG_20200619_195917_729.jpg

SOTN
Pre: Hot Shower
Cream: TOBS Tobacco Leaf
Brush: DS Cosmetic Kevy Shaves
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (5/5/7)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
A/S: Boots Freshwood
Balm: L’Oreal Birch Sap

A new cream from TOBS. Nice scent, nothing like any other Tobacco scented soap I've tried. Scent notes are tobacco, bergamot, grapefruit, coffee & leather. A very nice sweet blend. It's alway's good to see TOBS bringing out a new cream.

Martini

Forum GOD!
19 June 2020

Preshave:
Hot water rinse
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89KN
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (2)
Brush: New Forest Badger
Shaving Soap/Cream: Floris No89
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Skin Revitaliser 2in1
Aftershave: TOBS Sandalwood ASL

Birthday shave today using quality soap and ASL presents from my wife (she's a good girl!).

I believe the soap was a favourite of Winston Churchill but either way it easily generates generous volumes of creamy, subtly scented lather, ably whipped by the NF brush. The shave was a joy and the finish a bloodless BBS, marked a birthday 10/10 but more honestly 9/10. A rare good second shave with a Featherless for me, normally my experience is the same as Rowlers', two shaves and done. TOBS Sandalwood rounded off a sublime start to the day.

Happy shaves, all.

Regards,
Chris
Happy Birthday Chris :cheers:

razorhead63

Forum GOD!
Friday

Razor: '62 Ball End Tech
Blade: Personna Lab (5)
Cream: Barbasol Pacific Rush
Nivea AS Balm
AS: Pinaud Clubman VIBR

Ah, fabulous BBS shave today. No discomfort or irritation at all.
I used good old Barbasol instead of my usual brush soap as I was in a hurry.
The Pinaud Bay Rum scent is powerful, quite potent to say the least.

Quique

Forum GOD!
19 June 2020

Preshave:
Hot water rinse

Birthday shave today using quality soap and ASL presents from my wife (she's a good girl!).

I believe the soap was a favourite of Winston Churchill but either way it easily generates generous volumes of creamy, subtly scented lather, ably whipped by the NF brush. The shave was a joy and the finish a bloodless BBS, marked a birthday 10/10 but more honestly 9/10. A rare good second shave with a Featherless for me, normally my experience is the same as Rowlers', two shaves and done. TOBS Sandalwood rounded off a sublime start to the day.

Happy shaves, all.

Regards,
Chris

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
Happy birthday, Chris.
Many happy returns Chris. Have as great a day as you can.
Happy Birthday @chrisbd :hungry:🎂🎂
Happy Birthday..🎂 Hope you have a wonderful day.👍
Happy Chris! 🎂 🎉 🍻
Happy birthday Chris!🎂
A happy birthday to you.
Used the same soap as a toast to you... :wink:
Happy Birthday! :cheers:
Happy Birthday!!
Happy birthday. :cheers:
Happy Birthday Chris

Many happy returns of the day
Happy birthday! :birthday:
Thanks for your good wishes, gents. Apologies for the delayed reply, spent most of yesterday afternoon collecting our son from London for a weekend birthday/Father's Day weekend bubble. 5.5 hours driving for a 120 mile round trip, who says traffic hasn't returned to normal? We did enjoy a curry for the evening though. AlfredoT, I'm doubly honoured.

Regards,
Chris

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Fri 19th June

Omega11137 boar
Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus
Schick Type F
Schick S/S Single-Japan [ 3 ]
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

The Type F is not at all aggressive but if you use its variable cutting angle it is quite efficient , and reduces my 30hr beard very easily to a parade ground standard.

IMG_0809.jpg

pjgh

Forum GOD!
Last night and for the next few days I'll be shaving with ...

Wash with Ach Brito Glyce
Lather up with the mighty Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap & AP Shave Co 'Winter' Silksmoke 26mm
Shave with Gillette Tech (late 1970s GB) & Treet 7 Days Platinum
Single pass does it for me ...
Witch Hazel < nothing more as I'm really enjoying the simplicity of this at the moment

Oh, my! Oh, my goodness! I shaved with this combination last night and I think it was the smoothest shave I have ever had, almost as if there was no blade in the razor. I actually did two passes (shhh!), I was enjoying it so much. Difficult to make comparisons as, personally I find the regular Treet Platinum to be a perfectly smooth and consistent shave yet other find them dull as a rusty Coke can, but these are a jump up from the regular Treet Platinum, perhaps a big jump up!

What I do like about the regular Treet Platinum is that from new to first to second to third to sometimes fourth shave, the shave is absolutely consistent. The next few shaves will tell me whether this blade is made to follow suit ...​
Well, that lives up to its name - 7 Days, 7 shaves. Truth be told, I was glad to finish the blade as the 7th was not as fine as the previous shaves, certainly not the first 5. Funnily enough, one side developed a little roughness which I noticed on the 3rd shave, but it cleaned up and became smooth again by the end of that shave. Very smooth feeling throughout.

Stircrazy

Forum GOD!
19 June 2020

Preshave:
Hot water rinse

Happy shaves, all.

Regards,
Chris
Happy belated Birthday

jap314

Guru
19 June 2020

Preshave:
Hot water rinse

Happy shaves, all.

Regards,
Chris
Happy Birthday Chris !! :birthday: