Saturday 12 September - Friday 18 September 2020

celestino

Forum GOD!
View attachment 76685
This is my favourite GEM blade razor but GEM blades are my least favourite type of blades, they just don’t seem as sharp as AC, DE or even Injector blades However, it was a lovely shave thanks to the wonderful B&M soft heart soap.
I have to completely agree with you regarding the Sabre. Just a brilliant design and beautiful-looking SE razor. However, the SE blades are just terrible and it is a bit too mild, for me, even the L2 plate, unfortunately.

Vacumatic

Dogged

Pre-shave:-
Argan Oil soap

Bowl/Scuttle:- None
Br
ush:- Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- Taylors
Razor/Blade:- Wilkinson Classic and Wilkinson 7 o’clock (2) First pass, then put the blade in a Wilkinson TTO
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix
Fragrance:- Lacoste

Taylors Almond Shaving Cream is perfect,

15.jpg

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Wed 16th Sept

Simpson Chubby 1/Maggards 2band
Williams Mug soap
Supply V1 / V2 No3 plate
NOS Schick S/S - Holland ( 1 )
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Managed to tear myself away from using my Hiram Commander and back to a planned rotation. I used my Supply a Razor that has never quite worked for me though I do like it’s looks. Despite giving it a good chance by using a legendary Dutch blade, I did not really like the Shave, not that comfortable and the finish was patchy.

52CE2BC7-4F92-4337-84F8-92747517CB07.jpeg

Progress_user

Forum GOD!
Nice pic 👍
What are you recommended blades for Karve?
I am trying to find "right" blade for my Karves.

Well, in my case, when I got the Karve I tried to match the blades that were good for me in my Rocca - Astra Green and Blue, Bic Astor, Feather, Derby (from time to time), Gillete Platinums and of course, the Wizamet Iriudium/Polsilver.
Rocca is quite picky when it comes to blades and it wears out their edge quite fast - max 2 shaves in for me.

One year later, the result is definetely Wizamet Iridium as best option for me, both SB/OC D (4 consistent shaves per blade!)

Other blades that I discovered working OK with Karve:
KAI (not so rough with D SB), Astra Blue
Supermax Superstainless(!)
Dorco ST301( but I need to revise that due to some horrible irritation last time)
Bolzano
The Russians - Voshkod & Rapira line- not so much
Not convinced about the Gillette Greens and Yellow - I like them in my Progress tough

vartik

Head shaver
20200916_174446.jpg

• Razor : Blackland Vector
  • Blade : KAI Mild Protouch MG
  • Brush : OUMO 4th gen synthetic
  • Soap + ASB : Speick
I don't like guarded blades in Vector...KAI's are certainly better than Feather but still, the shave is scrappy and not comfortable.

Sausage

Forum GOD!
Well, in my case, when I got the Karve I tried to match the blades that were good for me in my Rocca - Astra Green and Blue, Bic Astor, Feather, Derby (from time to time), Gillete Platinums and of course, the Wizamet Iriudium/Polsilver.
Rocca is quite picky when it comes to blades and it wears out their edge quite fast - max 2 shaves in for me.

One year later, the result is definetely Wizamet Iridium as best option for me, both SB/OC D (4 consistent shaves per blade!)

Other blades that I discovered working OK with Karve:
KAI (not so rough with D SB), Astra Blue
Supermax Superstainless(!)
Dorco ST301( but I need to revise that due to some horrible irritation last time)
Bolzano
The Russians - Voshkod & Rapira line- not so much
Not convinced about the Gillette Greens and Yellow - I like them in my Progress tough
Thanks I need to try Polsilvers. Today I used D plate with Shark Stainless and I think it was a nice combination.

SkyWarrior21

Forum GOD!
SOTD - Wednesday, 16 September 2020 | Sample-killing September

• Prep: Splashes of cold water
  • Brush: Maggard Razors - Midnight Blue - 24mm Fan SHD Badger
  • Razor: Karve "Christopher Bradley" Brass | 3.25" handle, SB-B plate
  • Blade: LORD - ASCO Super Stainless (1)
  • Lather: Chiseled Face - Cryogen - Soap (sample)
  • Post Shave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Scentless - Star Jelly

Paul L

Forum GOD!
Yesterday - Tuesday 15th September

Soap Tabac
Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade Silver Blue
Post Tabac Aftershave

I began to develop a heavy flu like cold while at work yesterday. By the time I got home I wasn't fit for sweet Fanny Adams - I forced myself to bathe and have a quick shave.
The shave went without fault as expected of all elements employed.
Didn't get a wink of sleep all night - throat as rough as a welders glove, runny nose and high temperature.
I had to be at work at 5.30 this morning as I couldn't let my work colleague down without notice.
It's been a long day, with no signs of this nasty illness abating - with more critical work planned for tomorrow (it sometimes seems that management think I'm the only one who is capable ? )

All be safe, won't you . . .