Aftershave: Extro Pirata

Last edited:

Matsilainen

Forum GOD!
Tallow + Steel | Madagascar
Whipped Dog | High Mountain 24 × 52 mm
Blackland | Blackbird OC Black Oxide 85 mm
Gillette | Silver Blue

Brilliant performance from the soap and splash, but the scent is perplexing to me. T+S certainly does not fear exploring unknown territories. The Whipped Dog brush never ceases to amaze; tremendous quality when considering the affordability.

Barry1963

Easily Led
I'm a bit late with this but I've only just had chance to start some very relaxing time in Cornwall.

Saturday 10th of August saw my wedding with the following used on my wedding day shave.

ATT Calypso R1
Sputnik
Cadman Purple Custom Synthetic
Wickham 1912 Classic 24 soap
Myrsol Lemon aftershave
Wickham 1912 Classic 24 balm

A great start to a great day.
Congratulations Damian.

Fidelis

Forum GOD!
I'm a bit late with this but I've only just had chance to start some very relaxing time in Cornwall.

Saturday 10th of August saw my wedding with the following used on my wedding day shave.

ATT Calypso R1
Sputnik
Myrsol Lemon aftershave

Congratulations! And all the best for you both!

Last edited:

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
image.jpeg

Shave of the day. 14th Aug

Prep ~ Valobra Glicerlanolina soap
Razor ~ Blackland - Sabre L2
Blade ~ Personna Gem
Soap ~ MdC - Original
Brush ~ Semouge LE Badger
Post ~ Lavender witch hazel
Scent ~ Crabtree & Evelyn - Lavender & Espresso

Still staying with the Gem blade but in my Sabre L2 this time.
A close and comfortable shave was had.
This has been my seventh day using SE razors and also using MdC - Original shave soap, it's turned out to be a very reliable soap giving me great lather time after time and I still have not used much of it, it seems to be everlasting!

Have a great day........P.

Last edited:

Fidelis

Forum GOD!
Wednesday morning shave:

Pre.: Hot water rinse, organic coconut oil, 3P pre-shave cream
Brush: RazoRock 400 Plissoft silver handle
Soap: Le Père Lucien - Cèdre-Patchouli
Razor: LASSC BBS-1 on a Stork Consul titanium handle
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium plus three shims (2nd use)
Post.: Hot water rinse, alum, cold water rinse, Vifrex, Myrsol "Emulsion", Proraso red AS, Tom Ford "Italian Cypress" EdP

Second efficiency match, inspired by my readings. The WR2 1.35 (customized blade gap by Wolfman on the WR2) shall have dethroned the ShaveCraft #104 Tech as the king of efficiency (regarding de razors). As I have no WR2, I used my BBS-1 instead. Yes, the WR2 has been tweaked, so it does differ from its ancestor BBS-1, but I think they should still be similar enough for a testdrive. Three shims is a lot, but the BBS-1 has a blade gap of 1mm, so this way I got on 1.3mm, very close the the customized WR2 of 1.35mm.
So, how did it work?
Well...the shave felt...surprisingly soft, especially atg. Very, very efficient, absolutely, yes. But also quite (deceptively) smooth, more so than the WR1 with a blade gap increased to .96, more so than the SC Tech, which feels to me still more blade forward.
Effiencywise the BBS-1 plus three shims felt more so than the WR1 did yesterday and maybe on the same level as the SC Tech. Will see how long there will be no stubble perceptible.
This was an interesting two pass shave, rediscovering my BBS-1 on this new level of aggression and efficiency, which I liked a lot.
Really a good shave, reaching bbs result nearly effortlessly and still comfortably - nice! 😊

Wishing all an easy, low-stress Wednesday, with good mood! 🙂👍

halvor

a most elusive fish

ATT Calypso R1
Sputnik
Myrsol Lemon aftershave

Congratulations! :)

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!

ATT Calypso R1
Sputnik
Myrsol Lemon aftershave

Congratulations to you both, I'm sure the weather we are experiencing at the moment here in Cornwall will not dampen your sprits! :) P.

halvor

a most elusive fish
Pretty good shave, that, but this second shave with the Nodachi coupled with a Lodz Polsilver didn’t change my first impression: high blade feel and skin effect akin to what I get from Feather blades — thus an aggressive razor in my book. It also doesn’t slide well across the skin, further reducing smoothness. Seems I’m in the minority here, which leads me to think either my technique is to blame, or possibly my skin throwing a tantrum after air travel and lack of hydration. I’ve tried out different angles and made sure to shave with a light hand. Upside, no irritation to speak of post shave, and efficiency wise a very close shave. @Holyzeus

Finished with Oudimentary’s July Oud Blend topped with AP Reserve Privée Les Santals. Now we’re talking! The City aftershave has also been pumped up with additional Oud.