Saturday 1 August - Friday 7 August 2020

AlfredoT

Forum GOD!
2020-08-07, Friday

Tomorrow it's gonna rain: it's not a threat, it's a forecast. And it will be my fault: I haven't had my car washed for at least eight months and this morning I did!

My journey in lavender continues in lavender, in its declinations...
It's a simple perfume, but it allows really interesting variations.
And I'm enjoying some of it...

After falling in love with the Progress, I felt guilty towards the vintage Gillette I had so much praised.
But today I discovered that, married with the right blade, they're still fantastic after sixty years!

For the photo I followed Dan Hennah's advice: add a few flowers of lavender that, every time you touch them, release a fantastic scent.

Sapone PS: Valobra Glicerolanolina
Sapone: Castle Forbes, Lavender
Pennello: Lab. Villefranche, Cucciolino Padouk/Silvertip 24
Rasoio: Gillette, Super Speed ’40 Style, 1961
Lametta: Gillette, 7 O’Clock, Super Stainless
AS 1: MilMil, Figaro Gel
AS 2: MilMil, BeMan, Balsamo Polivalente
EdT: Farmacia Vaticana, Acqua di Lavanda
ST: Nina Simone At Newport, 1960

halvor

a most elusive fish

Gave two Italian soaps a chance recently, this one and Officina Artigiana Milano, both from the same producer but obviously different brands. They seem to differ only in the latter containing three additional ‘premium’ oils. Having tried both, not sure if I noticed much difference, both performed well. Skin feel perhaps better with OAM. Good shave ‘twas nevertheless.

El Druida SCNHG Manchurian // Goodfellas Smile Tallow No 1 // CG Lvl 2 // Shark Platinum // Pinaud Clubman.

Last edited:

Tortuga

The Spangle Maker
Razor:Razorock Gamechanger 0.84 jaws
Blade: Shark super stainless (3)
Brush: Shavemac beehive synthetic
Bowl: little Wren Pottery
Soap: AYLM Isacco
Post shave : Thayers cucumber
Edt: Eau Sauvage
S/track: Daniel Avery & Alessandro cortini "Illusion of time"
Man alive that was a good shave, 2 days growth mowed down with maximum efficiency, hope everyone has a great weekend✌
IMG_20200807_152656.jpg

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Fri 7th August

RR Syn.22mm
P & B Citra Royale
Schick I1
Schick Twin -Japan [ ? ]
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

I have not used this Razor for some time, one of the penalties of having them stored in different drawers. I rather enjoyed the Shave as a contrast to the longer handled Razors I have used over the last few days. This Razor is the ideal choice for someone wishing to sample the use of a Twin Blade, but is not keen on the usual choice of a LH Injector. The Shave today was smooth and comfortable, and I encountered no problems getting a rather nice close all round finish - equal to that delivered by LH Injectors.

IMG_0938.jpg

Last edited:

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Pre: Sainsbury's Tea Tree Cleansing Bar
Razor: Colonial Silversmith
Blade: NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (2)
Soap: e-Shave Mandarin
Brush: APShaveCo Silksmoke - 24mm Synthetic

MVIMG_20200804_105857.jpg

Lovely drama free shave. Near BBS and skin felt great afterwards. This looks like a good razor / blade combination.

Jim Kleinkauf

Forum GOD!
Saturday‌ ‌08.08.20 ‌SOTD‌
DSCF0106 - Edited.jpg

Gillette ‘83 D2 ‘Black Beauty’ Super Adjustable 109 PD
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Semogue‌ ‌Owners‌ ‌Club‌ ‌Cherry‌ ‌Wood‌ ‌Boar‌
Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ ‌Cheshire‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌ ‌
Barrister‌ ‌And‌ ‌Mann‌ ‌Cheshire‌ ‌Aftershave‌

DSCF0107 - Edited.jpg

CRISANTO

Forum GOD!
Saturday, August 8, 2020.

Geo F Trumper, Coral skin food, pre shave. Meißner Tremonia, Wild oranges: Shaving cream, lotion & balm aftershave. Simpson, Chubby 2, synthetic hair, butterscoth. Tim Zowada, damascus steel, 6/8, horn scales. Terre de Hermes, EdT.

50E6B1AB-BDDF-4184-9A6E-F7F14745F602.jpeg

Waited for this range of wild oranges from Meißner and could not disappoint: The soap was very good in properties and the lovely scent of orange freshly picked from the tree, although dry and bitter and not at all sweet. The only orange that does not make me sick or tired because of its aroma when shaving, which is saying.

Tim Zowada: Very simple design and shape, without any kind of adornment or addition. Adjusted weight and size, appropriate for what you have to do. The bone scales, very natural, simple design but with an almost perfect finish.

Excellent wedge-type iron with a powerful edge but smooth and gentle on the skin. Indeed, it happened that from the beginning, in each pass, I did not feel the edge on my skin (as if a finger were passing), doubting whether the razor was sharp or not, but I was encouraged when I saw the typical hairs stuck to the removed foam in the gomero. Already after shaving, at the moment of the lotion, I found that it was absolutely shaved, with the surface of the skin like a billiard ball. Fantastic shave.

AlfredoT

Forum GOD!
2020-08-09, Sunday

I went to the open air market to get garlic and capers. Then I saw some beautiful basil seedlings
and I grabbed those too.
Paid and taken away: no couriers, no customs... How convenient!

Then I indulged in a coffee and a croissant.
And I was shocked!
Instead of two euros, like before the lockdown, two thirty.
Although my wealth allows me to squander thirty cents once or twice a month without the capital suffering appreciable variations, it is an increase of 15% on a 'voluptuous' genre: how much will be the increase on the indispensable genres, those where we will feel the increase?

How much will increase razors, soaps, after-shaves, blades?
And I followed the wet shaving way just to save money...
Of course, now I have a valuable capital in the bathroom!

How much will a tube of Figaro be worth? A Palmolive one d'antan?
I think I'll contact Sotheby's...

My gear today (whose value I haven't updated) gave me the usual comfortable shave.

Sapone PS: Valobra Glicerolanolina
Sapone: TOBS, for Sensitive Skin
Pennello: Oumo LE ‘Frighting for 2020’, 072/102, Fan Manchurian Finest
Rasoio: Maggard, MR 8
Lametta: Gillette, 7 O’Clock, Super Stainless
AS 1: MilMil, Figaro Gel
AS 2: Lab Series, Razor Burn Relief Ultra
EdT: Farmacia Vaticana, Acqua di Colonia
ST: The cockcrow...