Samples

Grainman

Forum GOD!
Why is it so difficult for companies selling old school and modern non dept store a/shaves and EDTs to sell us some samples of their ranges. It's expensive to keep guessing and waste 12 - 20 quid on products you never gerca sniff of. In the USA these stores are becoming widespread and you can sniff away contentedly

Bob

Veteran
Signature Soaps (UK artisan soapmaker) sells samples from his website, the samples are huge, really just a smaller tub which I really like coz you can buy 3 for the price of one known brand. I have no connection to the company but will say their soaps really are excellant...have a wee look, the goats milk ones seem popular with guys who have sensitive skin, they produce fantastic lather easily, have some great scents and the cushion and glide are both first class.

Grainman

Forum GOD!
Hi Bob - yes I received the £8.50 lemongrass tub 200ml of soap. Luvverly. I also bought the Capra goats milk which I will use today. I was referring mainly to after shave and edt samples. Have suggested that Shaving time consider 5ml bottled samples for their edt and a/shaves as the American Stirling site has a sample for each fragrance. The we could really choose the ones which suit us and order the regular size of our favourites. I find it very hit and miss in some of the Artisan soap makers not to pursue this idea. Maybe I'm wrong. It seems to be as you point out - more readily they will send small shave soap samples which is great but not do much on the old school a/shaves

SeanC

Forum GOD!
With EDT and AS options for delivery overseas are extremely limited due to IATA air freight rules. This impacts severely on the viability of such a venture

Grainman

Forum GOD!
With EDT and AS options for delivery overseas are extremely limited due to IATA air freight rules. This impacts severely on the viability of such a venture
Yes but shaving time have the after shaves and EDT and were e thinking about splitting bottles into 5ml samples - they would potentially make more money selling the samples and encourage us to purchase full bottles we really like.

D

Deleted member 1881

Hi Bob - yes I received the £8.50 lemongrass tub 200ml of soap. Luvverly. I also bought the Capra goats milk which I will use today. I was referring mainly to after shave and edt samples. Have suggested that Shaving time consider 5ml bottled samples for their edt and a/shaves as the American Stirling site has a sample for each fragrance. The we could really choose the ones which suit us and order the regular size of our favourites. I find it very hit and miss in some of the Artisan soap makers not to pursue this idea. Maybe I'm wrong. It seems to be as you point out - more readily they will send small shave soap samples which is great but not do much on the old school a/shaves
I'm waiting the sample of Capra soap.