Rum drinkers

SeanC

Forum GOD!
I really enjoy this one, Havana Club Añejo Especial, and a friend who's a seasoned rum drinker rates it very highly too after polishing off a significant part of my bottle to reach this conclusion. Rounded and mellow and of course the real thing being imported from Cuba. Currently on promotion at Sainsbury's

Last edited:

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
My favourite for savouring is Mount Gay XO, straight up. For general drinking it’s Newfie Screech per my post above,

R181

Grumpy old man
As the voice of dissent I can’t stand spiced rum. Dark navy-style rum's where it’s at for me and I’ve never found one better than Woods. Lambs is pretty good too.
Yes, if you are going to drink rum drink dark and dirty. Still miss "Up Spirits" for the daily issue of rum that would take your breath away if taken neat. For another high powered experience try Stroh Inlander 80% rum.

Bob

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Forgot, I got very ill once on Navy Rum. May of been a bad batch or do you think best part of a bottle did the harm ? Hell it was a free bar ! Months later the smell of rum made me feel ill. Thankfully I have got over it and can drink the stuff again.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Forgot, I got very ill once on Navy Rum. May of been a bad batch or do you think best part of a bottle did the harm ? Hell it was a free bar ! Months later the smell of rum made me feel ill. Thankfully I have got over it and can drink the stuff again.
The Wife did the same with Rum on her 18th birthday and still can't abide the smell.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
This is heresy to some people: I prefer a shot of high quality dark rum (usually Bajan) to a wee dram of single malt scotch. Doesn’t mean I don’t like some single malts, but they’re few and far between, whereas most quality dark rums suit me rather well.

R181

Grumpy old man
Funny you should say that. I over did it on dark and dirty rum one "happy hour" at the Fleet Club and had the same happen. Took months to be able to stand the smell of rum and drink it again.

Bob