Rockwell 6S - gripe

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
After debating for several years, finally made the purchase a few months ago. Happy with purchase and wondering why I waited years.

Ironically, the 6S was the Kickstarter from Rockwell I did not join. I sold the 6c and 6t without trying.

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
They used to sell parts on their website. Not sure why they've stopped as they don't appear to anymore
If you Google Rockwell and top cap, you can find direct links. The 6S top cap is sold out, but the 6C gunmetal version is available.

I suspect if one were to write in to inquire, Rockwell customer service might be able to find what is needed. Just guessing.

sev-8

Forum GOD!
If you Google Rockwell and top cap, you can find direct links. The 6S top cap is sold out, but the 6C gunmetal version is available.
Ah, I didn't try that. It used to show as a top level entry when navigating their store, which is what I was looking for

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Anybody had the 6S in matte black? Just wondered how the finish holds up. Did not know they did this although I remember something about a 'jet' finish.

Edit - OK - the PVD coating seems to be tried and tested. What the hell and damn this addiction. Just pulled the trigger on a 6S matte black set. (God knows what the brush is like but I can always replace with something already in the den.) Always wanted something black on the shelf and unfortunately the Blackbird just did not do it for me on both shave and finish / patina fronts. SO, my all time favourite razor in PVD black!!! Had to happen.

Last edited:

hharry

Forum GOD!
I only use the #6 head with a weeks growth and then switch to a #3 for the second pass. But mostly I use #3.
Your right about the sequencing though 1/3 Odd, 2/4 Even, 5/6 Extreme.
Is there any issue with the 6s handles or is it just a 6c issue?
I've been told that the 6c handles are not that sturdy.

D

Deleted member 1881

I've been told that the 6c handles are not that sturdy.
True. I had mine replaced because it was keep spinning when tightening to the top cap.

The first handles were not that good.
This one seems better from what I can feel when assembling/disassembling the razor.